1.    #1  
    I have GPS on and my Sprint Navigator, web browser, email and everything else works fine but when I start Google Maps it says I need an internet connection and the screen does not display.

My internet works for everything else and I even tried it over wifi and it still will not work.

I also reset the Pre 2-3 times already.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
    I know you may have heard this before, but did you pull your battery? One time my keyboard stopped working and restarting the phone did not fix it but for some reason physically removing/resetting the battery fixed it.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I have the Pre Plus and my google maps was struggling the other night. It took over 20 seconds for the app to launch and then when scrolling its so slow. Not to mention it is not accurate most of the time.

I will say this is a big turn off. I would think Verizon and Palm would find a solution to this by now. People want maps and directions on their phones now. Is this going to get resolved at some point?

With turn by turn on Android phones the google maps app has to be solid!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I have GPS on and my Sprint Navigator, web browser, email and everything else works fine but when I start Google Maps it says I need an internet connection and the screen does not display.

My internet works for everything else and I even tried it over wifi and it still will not work.

I also reset the Pre 2-3 times already.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
    I had same problem after installing user agent patch for browser. If you have, uninstall and try again.
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Having the same issues last night, re-booted several time as well as a battery pull. Something is up with the Google Latitude not making it work, I finally got it too work.
  6.    #6  
    I did have the Latitude patch installed but removed it. Now when I go back to reinstall it its gone and says it doesn't work with 1.4.

I wonder if it left something behind? I hope not.
    I experience this also, but attributed it to the 600mhz patch since it doesn't happen with that patch uninstalled (at least for me).
  8.    #8  
    I don't have that patch installed and only really have 9 patches installed. I will try removing all 9 and see if that fixes it.
  9.    #9  
    Now this is strange. GM still does not work at my house or at work but I was driving around and for some reason decided to try it and it popped right up. When I got home, it would not work again and today when I got to work it does not work.

What could make it work some places and not others? I made no changes.

Thanks,

Rich
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi, I have similar issues with GM. Sometimes it works but most times it doesnt. It doesnt matter if I am on 3G or Wifi. It is becoming a real nuisance

i run sprint 1.4 on a UK O2 rebelled Pre. I bought the Pre one week before the update to 1.4 and do not recall such issues with GM.
    Maybe it is the update ?

fyi, i have no patches installed
    Last edited by Sjengie; 03/11/2010 at 01:21 PM.
    I am having this exact issue with my Pre Plus, and it started this morning. I would start up the app and it would come back and tell me I need a data connection and then not do anything. All my other apps work just fine, and it worked fine just two days ago. I don't have user agent switch or the google latitude patch, but I did have the google latitude work around where you load a certain webpage to launch google maps, but like I said this worked a couple of days ago.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this yet?