Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I opened my phone last Friday morning before I set off to Arizona for Spring Training and I noticed I had no email accounts (I had 5 of them). Has anyone seen this before and if so, what is the fix? How do I get them back?

The problem is, when I try to re-add them, it thinks they're still there I think. It just keeps trying to "sign in" after I put the email address and password in.

Help?
    full reset then sign into palm profile
    That is incredibly strange. That same day, the same thing happened to me. What extra apps/patches did you have installed outside of the usual App Catalog apps?

It'd be nice to track down the problem causer so it can be prevented.

Also, I have Enable Add/Remove Launcher Pages patch installed, when I perform the full erase, will it be problematic to leave the extra pages in pace or should I remove the pages and remove the patch before performing it?

-Zac
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    So a FULL erase is needed? wow. There's no other way around fixing this? I mean, everything was working fine and then POOF.
    id say a partial erase should work
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i've had the same issue 3 times in 3 days....i doctored back the first day and all was well until the next day when all my accounts are gone again...i attempted to clean out the /var/luna/data/emails and /var/luna/data/attachments directories that i read in anther account and that seemed to clear up the issue.

today the same problem, so i ran the same command line code in WOSQI and my email returned from the dead...im still not sure why this is happening, but im 2 for 2 trying these commands --

rm -rf /var/luna/data/emails
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/attachments
    reboot
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    i've had the same issue 3 times in 3 days....i doctored back the first day and all was well until the next day when all my accounts are gone again...i attempted to clean out the /var/luna/data/emails and /var/luna/data/attachments directories that i read in anther account and that seemed to clear up the issue.

today the same problem, so i ran the same command line code in WOSQI and my email returned from the dead...im still not sure why this is happening, but im 2 for 2 trying these commands --

rm -rf /var/luna/data/emails
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/attachments
    reboot
    read that in another post on this topic, i'm going to try it today and hope it works.

happened to me last week. doctored hoping to fix it. had email for a day. this morning, all accounts gone again. 1.4.1 needs to come out and fix this NOW. a smartphone with borked email isn't smart at all.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    read that in another post on this topic, i'm going to try it today and hope it works.

happened to me last week. doctored hoping to fix it. had email for a day. this morning, all accounts gone again. 1.4.1 needs to come out and fix this NOW. a smartphone with borked email isn't smart at all.
    I have had this happen 6 or 7 times now randomly, but running those commands have *temporarily* brought everything back right after the reboot every single time.