Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    For some reason my Pre is telling me it is out of space and I just don't see how it could be. I have about 300 songs on there, no videos and only a handful of pictures. The music folder only has about 2gigs. Is there some folder somewhere that might have stuff in it that I don't need? Can I do away with that?

Even when I delete songs off the phone, it doesn't let me put new songs on. I deleted whole albums trying to cram a few more songs on there, but it didn't work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(I tried searching for an answer in the forums but couldn't find anything on point.)
    Try plugging your Pre into your computer USB as a mass storage device, & browse around the directories.. see what's in there
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Try plugging your Pre into your computer USB as a mass storage device, & browse around the directories.. see what's in there
    I did that. That's actually how I put music on my device after iTunes finally broke Palm's back over the syncing thing. There's really not much on there - but I don't see apps and stuff, so there must be hidden areas of the hard disk that I don't have access to. Do any of those contain anything other than apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan_77 View Post
    I did that. That's actually how I put music on my device after iTunes finally broke Palm's back over the syncing thing. There's really not much on there - but I don't see apps and stuff, so there must be hidden areas of the hard disk that I don't have access to. Do any of those contain anything other than apps?
    When you connected it to your computer, did you see what the OS reports as free space?
    If the OS reports it as full and you can't figure out why, there is a program I use all the time to look help find rouge files and clean disk space called TreeSize from JAM Software*. Have that look at your phone while it is in USB mode and see if you can't find files you want to delete that are taking up space.

They have a freeware version or the full blown will give you a 30 day trial.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    When you connected it to your computer, did you see what the OS reports as free space?
    If the OS reports it as full and you can't figure out why, there is a program I use all the time to look help find rouge files and clean disk space called TreeSize from JAM Software*. Have that look at your phone while it is in USB mode and see if you can't find files you want to delete that are taking up space.

They have a freeware version or the full blown will give you a 30 day trial.
    Awesome. Thanks a lot!