1.    #1  
    I have been reading the past issues that everybody has been having with the problem that i have now, and i did it but the webOS repair, but i don't want to use it because i have webOS 1.4 now, I got this virtual keyboard installed on my pre, never worked and now i wanted to remove it and reinstall it, but I can't remove it, it throws an error something about see IPKG log, but i also tryed to install that cleanup VKB files like the info says if having problems updated/removing.. it still doesn't work same error.. than i tryed the quick install.. same error messages.. does anybody know how to remove this patch from the pre without useing the doctor to format the phone and start fresh
    Hook you Pre up to your computer and select USB mode, go into "my computer" and open Palm Pre, find the VK file and delete the file.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hook you Pre up to your computer and select USB mode, go into "my computer" and open Palm Pre, find the VK file and delete the file.
    Just to clarify for the OP (I'm not trying to be a smart alec - I promise!), delete the entire FOLDER virtual-keyboard.
  4.    #4  
    yea, that's is what i did, i couldn't find the vp file.. so i just deleted the folder and it still would like me remove the app from the system...
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradspy View Post
    yea, that's is what i did, i couldn't find the vp file.. so i just deleted the folder and it still would like me remove the app from the system...
    Just to confirm/clarify, you should restart after deleting the virtual-keyboard folder, then try running the Clean Up Utility again. Then restart again. Then try installing the virtual keyboard again. It may be overkill, but restarting between each step, and re-running the Clean Up after removal of the folder, might do the trick. If it doesn't, you might be stuck with having to WebOS Dr.
    If you do all that you're told and it still doesn't work, then use doctor...That happened to me too..i had to doctor my phone and it works now..I figured you must have kept trying to install and uninstall it like I did...but doctor the phone..and VK will work like a charm!..I promise!
  7.    #7  
    I can't use the Clean Up Utility because i have webos 1.4
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I can't use the Clean Up Utility because i have webos 1.4
    I think you might be confusing WebOS Repair Utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html), which can only be used with WebOS v1.3.5.1, with Cleanup VKB Files? Cleanup VKB files can most certainly be used with 1.4....
  9.    #9  
    oh ok, so there is a different ok i got you, you i was thinkin of the webos one, but i just did the doctor and just redoing my phone, thanks for all teh support everyone