1.    #1  
    All of a sudden my pre is running very slow ans when I look up a contact in the universal search, nothing happens. I took the battery out and did a restart. Didnt seem to help any. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    All of a sudden my pre is running very slow ans when I look up a contact in the universal search, nothing happens. I took the battery out and did a restart. Didnt seem to help any. Any ideas?
    Are you "stock" or running patches, themes, etc?

If modified, what apps, themes, patches.....?
  3.    #3  
    I just have 2 patches:

text character counter
    enable dev mode.

Its just running really slow, even after a battery pull
  4.    #4  
    now when I search a contact in the universal search, the contact shows up but it takes about 10 seconds for it to pop up. something is making my pre run soooo slow all of a sudden. No major changes have been done.
    Have you tried a partial erase?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Have you tried a partial erase?
    I havent done that. What does a partial erase erase exactly?
    I havent done that. What does a partial erase erase exactly?

"Performing a Partial Erase on your Pre deletes any and all applications you installed on your device, as well as any associated settings and data. However, it will not wipe content stored on the device's internal memory, like images, music files and video clips."

It is easy to reinstall the apps, etc. Back up your important data. Contacts, etc will be reinstalled via Synergy (make a copy for safety reasons)
  8.    #8  
    before i decided to do a partial erase I figured I would try the universal search one more time. It seems to be working now. How weird is that?
    before i decided to do a partial erase I figured I would try the universal search one more time. It seems to be working now. How weird is that?
    Glad I could help

LOL