Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    why so much hype about the PDK? Now a day Palm, Apple, Android they all talk about 3D games and more games for their devices. we already have PS3, Xbox, DSi, Wii, etc. On the Phone side, nobody talks how it can be a better phone. Lost of things missing:

1. how about speed dial
    2. how about better battery life
    3. how about voice dialing
    We have speed dial. (Contacts>Choose Contact>Topmenu>Speeddial)
    Battery is getting better..

voice dialing would be nice, I agree.

If the PDK can get iphone devs to port it would be great for palm.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    The pre has speed dialing.
    The PDK allows for 3D gaming which is a very visually effective way to show off the capabilities of your phone. However, even with the game that are out now I still play Air Traffic more than any of them.

But what the PDK should also allow is porting of some of the native apps from the iPhone to the Pre, which is a very good thing. This is all assuming the PDK includes API's which have some more general uses as well, which I would think they do.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    the pdk those support native apps
    The pre does have speed dial but I prefer PhotoDialer and after the 1.4 update my battery usage is around 1% per hour. I am sure voice dial is down the road in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    why so much hype about the PDK? Now a day Palm, Apple, Android they all talk about 3D games and more games for their devices. we already have PS3, Xbox, DSi, Wii, etc. On the Phone side, nobody talks how it can be a better phone. Lost of things missing:

1. how about speed dial
    2. how about better battery life
    3. how about voice dialing
    Why get multiple games systems when you can do just about anything computerized with your phone. This things like a magic wand!

It has voice dialing, at least I do. "Hey honey, call the school for me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    Why get multiple games systems when you can do just about anything computerized with your phone. This things like a magic wand!

It has voice dialing, at least I do. "Hey honey, call the school for me!"
    hehe. Yeah, I prefer the voice dialing you have to the standard one that some are clamoring for.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The pre does have speed dial but I prefer PhotoDialer and after the 1.4 update my battery usage is around 1% per hour. I am sure voice dial is down the road in the near future.
    wow. u have a nice battery then.. i'm like 1% per minute. so you last 4 days without charging your pre? (100 hrs/ 24 hrs ) = 4.1 days

if u r a heaving user, i'll say u use 2% per hour, that's 2 days withouth charging!! Great
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    easy porting = more developers
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    is the pdk mostly for porting games or can you port over any program (barring api issues, of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    is the pdk mostly for porting games or can you port over any program (barring api issues, of course)
    Its not just for games. Any app created using C or C++ can be ported to webOS.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Games are good and will bring attention to Palm. I'm not sure that they are really going to compete with the itouch and iphone though. Gamers want a bigger screen. I am personally a fan of being able to play 3D games on my phone though. Good times...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Games are good and will bring attention to Palm. I'm not sure that they are really going to compete with the itouch and iphone though. Gamers want a bigger screen. I am personally a fan of being able to play 3D games on my phone though. Good times...
    so, will you get a PSP with a transreceiver in it? I feel like we're heading toward the game market! Nintendo should make the Ds with transreceiver so they can compete with Palm since now a day everybody wants a gaming device!
    3D games are one thing that distinguished the iPhone and iPod Touch from everyone else. Palm wants to show they can compete in that arena. Palm also wants to show that WebOS can do basically anything you want. The SDK + PDK + Qt is an awesome amount of support in an OS.

Another thing about 3D gaming is it is currently something Android doesn't do very well at the moment. The Droid has the ability to do it, but no one has really coded for it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    3D games are one thing that distinguished the iPhone and iPod Touch from everyone else. Palm wants to show they can compete in that arena. Palm also wants to show that WebOS can do basically anything you want. The SDK + PDK + Qt is an awesome amount of support in an OS.

Another thing about 3D gaming is it is currently something Android doesn't do very well at the moment. The Droid has the ability to do it, but no one has really coded for it.

i understand your point.. read this

http://www.tipb.com/2010/03/08/iphon...ming-platform/
    so, will you get a PSP with a transreceiver in it? I feel like we're heading toward the game market! Nintendo should make the Ds with transreceiver so they can compete with Palm since now a day everybody wants a gaming device!
    I would buy that DS! Hey Nintendo and Palm should make a "Phone" together!!
    Nintendo buy palm? Oooooh

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    wow. u have a nice battery then.. i'm like 1% per minute. so you last 4 days without charging your pre? (100 hrs/ 24 hrs ) = 4.1 days

if u r a heaving user, i'll say u use 2% per hour, that's 2 days withouth charging!! Great
    I can get 2 days on a single charge! But you've got to toggle data on/off when you use it!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I can get 2 days on a single charge! But you've got to toggle data on/off when you use it!
    True.. i can get 10 days with the phone on Airplane mode, and i hardly charge it when the phone is off... lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast