1.    #1  
    Some of us have experienced a cannot login issues with the new FB app developed by Palm. Others are swooning over how cool it is. In many cases similar to my own, we are users who never installed the "first" app, and in general are running 1.4 and no patches, generally "clean" Pres.

The only solution that I have seen requires the user to basically do a partial reset and frankly I am not sure I would know how do it and restore everything.

Has anyone found a better solution, and/or can someone explain in idiotproof language (aka myself being the *****) exactly WHAT I do, when I do it, and where I have to do it?

Irritates me this is a Palm app and the problems resulting, but its time to move forward. Clearly Palm isn't concerned, they haven't issued a correcting update and they have known about this for a reasonable period- which tells me it isn't a simple thing to fix- but maybe not.

Thanks for the help.
    Do you have a Facebook profile on your phone?
  3.    #3  
    I am not sure what you are asking, but here is what I think you are asking: I use the x.facebook.com webpage and it works reasonably well. I have NOT synced under contacts with FB, do I need to do this first? I am not sure where the profile would be otherwise, sorry for my ignorance.
    Last edited by taylork; 03/09/2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by taylork View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking, but here is what I think you are asking: I use the x.facebook.com webpage and it works reasonably well. I have NOT synced under contacts with FB, do I need to do this first? I am not sure where the profile would be otherwise, sorry for my ignorance.
    Yeah, I was asking if you synced Facebook contacts into your phone. Try adding your Facebook account in the contacts app and see if that logs you into the new Facebook app automatically. I sync an account and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do anything to log into the new app the first time (I may have had to, but can't specifically remember).

Be warned though that syncing your Facebook profile will pull ALL of your Facebook contacts into the contact list on your phone. That is an annoyance for some people.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Some of us have experienced a cannot login issues with the new FB app developed by Palm. Others are swooning over how cool it is. In many cases similar to my own, we are users who never installed the "first" app, and in general are running 1.4 and no patches, generally "clean" Pres.

The only solution that I have seen requires the user to basically do a partial reset and frankly I am not sure I would know how do it and restore everything.

Has anyone found a better solution, and/or can someone explain in idiotproof language (aka myself being the *****) exactly WHAT I do, when I do it, and where I have to do it?

Irritates me this is a Palm app and the problems resulting, but its time to move forward. Clearly Palm isn't concerned, they haven't issued a correcting update and they have known about this for a reasonable period- which tells me it isn't a simple thing to fix- but maybe not.

Thanks for the help.
    I did the partial reset(Apps and Data) and it worked. It was really not a big issue. All your official programs get Auto reinstalled. Anything Homebrew has to be manually reinstalled. I did lose my game data, but thats not a big deal to me.

All photos and Music were saved. I did however lose all my text messages. It really is worth it. I don't know if this affects anything but I had deleted the unworking FB app before I reset, then reinstalled from the AppCat after the reset. I left all my patches on and they worked fine after the reset.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the reply, but HOW do you do the partial reset and WHAT do you do to get things back? This is my concern now. Could you kind of explain to a worried person?
    Thanks for the reply, but HOW do you do the partial reset and WHAT do you do to get things back? This is my concern now. Could you kind of explain to a worried person?
    me too!!!!!!!!
    I have my facebook account added to my contacts, and all of my facebook contacts are synced. Whenever I try to open the facebook app, it asked for my email and pass. When I input that info, and press sign in, the login page reloads without my inputed data. If I go to accounts in the facebook app, it takes me right back into the login. I dont want to reset my device with the amount of time it takes to redo all of the homebrew stuff. I have tried to uninstall the reinstall the facebook app. Any ideas guys???
    It's really easy.

1. Open the launcher
    2. Go to the last page
    3. Go to Device Info
    4. Click on "Reset Options"
    5. Click on "Erase Apps & Data"

Once that's done, it'll walk you through the steps to restore your backups from the Palm Profile.
    It worked for me. Thanks.
    Hi taylork,

We're working on fixing this issue. It's been tough for us to reproduce it, but we're on our way to quashing it. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben / Palm