1.    #1  
    Hey guys, my roomate got the Pixi Plus a few weeks ago and I have to say, I like it more than my Pre (original). The keyboard is 100000x better. What bugs me more is that my Pre feels so laggy all of the time. Clicking anything there is a delayed response, lists always hop and skip due to lagginess, and cards constantly stick or freeze. I dont see any of this on the Pixi Plus.

What gives?

Is my Pre just unusually slow, or is the Pixi Plus just that much better?
    Your Pre is unsually slow, I don't see any of these issues with my Pre. The Pixi follows the Blackberry form and function, with it's tiny screen, more for people that text and check email.
    The pixi plus has more onboard memory which makes it appear faster. But you lose screen real estate with the pixi because its placement of the keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenjxn View Post
    The pixi plus has more onboard memory which makes it appear faster. But you lose screen real estate with the pixi because its placement of the keyboard

what do you mean "more" onboard memory? they are both 8 gig?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    what do you mean "more" onboard memory? they are both 8 gig?
    he's talking about "RAM-it in the Keester". not the drive space
    The plus versions have more ram making them slightly faster, but then again I do not have any performance issues with my pre. Granted there is a split second from launch to the opening of the app, but not long enough for me to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Your Pre is unsually slow, I don't see any of these issues with my Pre. The Pixi follows the Blackberry form and function, with it's tiny screen, more for people that text and check email.
    See I have messed around with a pixi and I like the pre keyboard the same. Granted the keys are elevated more on the pixi, but they seem smaller and closer together so its a tradeoff IMHO. I will admit I am liking the new style keyboard from palm but I wont go as far as saying its better then the old treo keys (the 755p had one of the best keyboards ever).
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre