1.    #1  
    First off, I am a long time Palm/Handspring user. 270 (GSM version of the 300), 600, 700P, 750, 800W Pre. The only non-Palm I've had in the last 7 years was an HTC Mogul. I truly love my Pre's. Yes, I have 2.

But here I am looking at other cool toys coming out soon. Between engadget, BGR, and other websites, I see some other cool handsets with 4G and other goodies, and I start to salivate.

I know from experience that Palm plays with their cards held tightly to their chest. But 2009's CES announcement about the Pre, well, they had me at "hello", and I patiently waited 6 months to pick one up.

I need a tidbit, a morsel, a crumb of something to let me look forward to. There has been no official word on new handsets (for Sprint) since the Pixie.

I have a technical cutting edge job, which I love. I also love having the latest & greatest in toys. When I buy a new toy, I routinely keep the box it came in, for selling / getting rid of it when something new comes around. I've gone through 5 laptops in the last 3 years.

Most of you would freak if you saw all the stuff that was in my basement.

In short, Palm, please give me something to look forward to, and make me stop looking for something better than my Pre.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Unfortunately, Palm cannot afford to cannibalize current device sales, so they probably won't have any more long term announcements any time soon. This wasn't the case when they announced the Pre. There was basically nothing left to cannibalize.

But I understand your pain.