Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Now I've read some of the threads on battery life and how things were supposed to improve with 1.4. I'm not sure if I've seen any improvement at all though. For instance today i pulled my phone off the charger around 6am and now my battery life is at 78% after shopping on the app catalog for a few minutes and sending and recieving about 15 text messages. Is this the new norm or should i look at getting a new battery? Just want a few opinions... Thanks
    You pulled the charger at 06:00 and it's at 78% at 15:18? You're one of the lucky ones There is nothing wrong with your battery.
    I think you need to look at average life. See what kind of time you get from each 100% charge after 5 or 7 days of normal use. Then compare that to how it was with 1.3.5.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    try the thing where you go in the phone app/hit the sprint menu in top left/preferences/scroll to bottom and hit 'Update PRL'. I did that yesterday after I read about it on the boards here. In 14 hours, i've gone down only 14%. It's been pretty lite use for me in those 14 hours, but it feels like it's improved.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thinking about ditching my Blackberry Bold 9700 for a Pre Plus. But I'm used to a Blackberry like battery life (i.e up to 2 days worth with no charge). Is battery life normal for a smartphone on the Pre Plus if you don't load it up with a ton of Preware? Are the battery complaints coming from those who just run a ton of apps and hacks and are syncing every single e-mail account they ever created? If I was to sync 1 exchange and 1 GMail account every 30 minutes, with GPS on, Wi-Fi off, would I last from morning til night?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    You pulled the charger at 06:00 and it's at 78% at 15:18? You're one of the lucky ones There is nothing wrong with your battery.
    I pulled the phone off the charger at 0600 and at 1015 I was at 78%. After sending/receiving a couple more text and a quick call (2 min) I'm at 74% at 1030.
    Quote Originally Posted by daving313 View Post
    Thinking about ditching my Blackberry Bold 9700 for a Pre Plus. But I'm used to a Blackberry like battery life (i.e up to 2 days worth with no charge). Is battery life normal for a smartphone on the Pre Plus if you don't load it up with a ton of Preware? Are the battery complaints coming from those who just run a ton of apps and hacks and are syncing every single e-mail account they ever created? If I was to sync 1 exchange and 1 GMail account every 30 minutes, with GPS on, Wi-Fi off, would I last from morning til night?
    No. I know how good the 9700 battery is. You wouldn't last a full day on the Pre Plus with this kind of usage, the battery would be dead by about 7pm or worse. Loading Preware and patches on to your device does not increase power consumption (with the exception of a few), you'd see the same battery decrease in a stock, unmodified Pre Plus.

Edit: But that's not a reason to rule out the Pre Plus as your new device - just get a spare battery and an external battery charger
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTyC View Post
    I pulled the phone off the charger at 0600 and at 1015 I was at 78%. After sending/receiving a couple more text and a quick call (2 min) I'm at 74% at 1030.
    My mistake, I forgot the time zone difference.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy96 View Post
    try the thing where you go in the phone app/hit the sprint menu in top left/preferences/scroll to bottom and hit 'Update PRL'. I did that yesterday after I read about it on the boards here. In 14 hours, i've gone down only 14%. It's been pretty lite use for me in those 14 hours, but it feels like it's improved.
    I've updated the PRL so maybe that will work for me as well. I also welcome any other tips that anyone else can provide.
    Palm went cheap with a 1150mah battery.
    it's been said in other threads, so I finally tried it. I shut off the data connection and just leave the wifi on. If I am somewhere that I don't have a wifi signal I turn the data connection back on and do what I need and then turn it off again.I've been doing this for 4 days now and by the end of the day I still have 65-75% battery left. When I'm using wifi the battery drain seems so much less then just using the sprint data connection. Just my two cents. Oh yeah I am using the devic menue remix for easer access to the dat and wifi toggle
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!