View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current USB Mode

4 40.00%
  • Plug in and auto work w/out going into USB mode

6 60.00%
  1.    #1  
    I've always wondered why WebOS has the option to select USB Drive when you plug in the usb plug it into your computer. Why can't it automatically allow you to see files w/out having to go into usb mode. for example: My blackberry i can just plug it in and be able to see files and make changes w/out worring about missing calls.

It's not a big deal, but is it possible for them to just do away with this? or are there limitations...
    Last edited by 05typesdc5; 03/09/2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: change title

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I suspect it relates to the multi-tasking.

If you allow an external device to modify files on the device, while the device could still be using them, it creates all sorts of interesting opportunities for disaster.

Equally, if WebOS enforced proper file locking to prevent this - there'd be a whole raft of posts on here complaining that file transfer didn't work properly.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  3.    #3  
    yeah that's sounds true, would be cool to atleast be able to access music folder and pictures/video folder

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    The biggest hassle is the phone being offline while in USB.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    The biggest hassle is the phone being offline while in USB.
    agree with you 100%, but w/ that said still prefer my Pre over my work blackberry hands down as soon as the 2 years is up w/ my blackberry i'll ask them to upgrade me to next palm device lol hopefully there will be one around june i think by then it will be 2 years w/ this pos blackberry