Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've started a petition against Bell. If you're angry with the way Bell is treating you and not having a full access to your Palm Pre.

Ok now I have my 10 posts I can add links.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bellpre

Know someone with Palm Pre? Tell them to go and sign the petition.

Do you have a facebook, Myspace or twitter? post the link to get more people.

Lets make it happen!
    Last edited by neo1980; 03/10/2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: need for people to know the link
    what exactly is it youre protesting
  3.    #3  
    The lack of attention we're getting from Bell. They are busy with the iphone and their new HSPA+ network. We're not getting updates on time, we don't have paid apps and more. If you're a Bell user you'll know what I'm talking about.
  4. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    As much as Bell annoys me, they pushed the last update without fixing the MMS issues because the customers were asking for it, even though I'm very sure they would have much rather fixed the issues first. I don't know about paid apps, but no one outside of the USA has it, so it's pretty hard to lay the blame completely on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1980 View Post
    I've started a petition against Bell. If you're angry with the way Bell is treating you and not having a full access to your Palm Pre.

I'm not able to add the link here because I have 0 posts and I need at least 10

copy and past the link below without spaces.

ipetitions .com /petition /bellpre

Know someone with Palm Pre? Tell them to go and sign the petition.

Do you have a face book, My space or tweeter accounts? post the link to get more people to sign.

Lets make it happen!
    And here is the link to make things easy;

Bell's Palm Pre. Enough Is Enough!!!

Everyone that's on the Bell network should really sign this.....it just might send a message......(we hope)
    I'm a Bell customer.. Yea It bugs me that paid apps aren't available, and something equivalent to Sprint navigation.. but like the guy above said, nobody outside the USA has paid apps.. so I doubt that issue is Bell's fault at all..

Have you researched this stuff before starting a petition?
  7.    #7  
    Harnoy thanks for the link and making things easy!
  8.    #8  
    NordicMan,

Palm, at CES this year said that the Paid Apps will be available in Europe, they didn't mention Canada in anyway. This petition is not only our frustration to not having the paid apps yet and us Canadians were the second launch for the Pre, but it's the experience we're getting because of Bell. I'm sick and tired of reading people talking about having a faster pre, video capability, better internet browser and more, When I had the phone in my hand but no update for 7 days for Canadians. I'm talking about 1.4 just like 1.3.5 we had to wait for it few days as well. It is Bell not Palm that's delaying things it's a fact. Call them and ask and see what answer you'll be getting.
    Paid apps is not up to Bell.
    The late updates were to do with MMS congestion on their network that would be a terrible experience when coupled with the extra load of the Olympics.

This was said to me via an email from the CEO "Wade Oosterman" himself.

Though I agree Bell needs to step it up, not everything is their fault.
    Palm may be responsible for the lack of paid apps, or it could be Bell. More likely it's a bit of both. Either way, Bell isn't tell us when or if it will happen, and if Palm is solely to blame, they should be telling us that. Sometimes no information is the biggest problem.

As for the MMS delaying updates, I can't imagine that their entire network would be congested due to the relatively small number of Pre users out there. I mean, really, how many are there? I can still use the Pre to upload videos and pictures, browse the web, stream video. All of that can eat up more than the MMS, and there are tons of other CDMA phones on Bell's network already that can too. I just don't buy it. More likely they were just focused on the Olympics and didn't have the resources. (And I'm going to blame the crappy band choices in the closing ceremonies on them too).
  11.    #11  
    There were some people with few issues with the petition on the other thread I posted. Thought I’ll post them here to clear few things.

Online petitions are useless waste of time.
    *Online petitions or not, it’s not a waist of time! They have to listen.

I'm on Bell and I'm not signing your petition.
    *For the person who’s not signing its a free country, if you wanna stay behind the rest of the world then be my guest.

every time I try and post the link, it gets mangled...and this time it worked...
    dammit...

* The reason why it won't let you sign is because I made it that if you use one computer, you'll only be able to sign once. No duplicates IP addresses this way it’ll be true when I show it to Bell. So if you signed once you won't be able to sign again on the same IP.

I signed the petition but the minute it asked me for a donation, I closed my browser. Sorry.* As for the donations, once you sign it'll come up but your signature is there already so you can close the browser. That's exactly what it is donation so you don't have to do anything after you sign. The donation doesn’t go to me if you're wondering, it goes to ipetiton.com so please just sing and close the browser no need for any donations.

For those who signed it already, thank you!!

I hope we'll get more people to sign
    I signed it. Someone needs to let Bell know that we Pre users are unhappy due to lack of movement on both Palm and Bell's part. I'm not so angry about the updates being a week late, but lack of choice among apps is really aggravating.
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1980 View Post
    Online petitions are useless waste of time.
    *Online petitions or not, itís not a waist of time! They have to listen.
    Yes but whether there's 1 signature or 100,001 signatures, it takes the same amount of time to read and dismiss it. It's something, but it's really not much.

A better approach would be for people to call Palm's Canadian sales number at 877-597-7256. Just to answer 1 call takes longer than to browse and dismiss an online petition that may have 100,000,000 signatures on it, and even a mere 100 calls becomes an expensive pain to deal with. They'll be far more motivated to at least issue a statement if it's going to stop costing them money...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    My Only issue would be that Bell has a Sprint like navigation system, it actually looks the same and has the same features (i used to have it on my HTC touch) i dont understand why don't they have it available for us.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Paid apps are coming, this petition is now useless.
    Big deal we waited 1 week for the updated, be patient.

If you want to petition Bell, petition them for their monopoly they run with Rogers and Telus with some of the most expensive cell phone plans and lowest speeds/crappy service.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Yes but whether there's 1 signature or 100,001 signatures, it takes the same amount of time to read and dismiss it. It's something, but it's really not much.

A better approach would be for people to call Palm's Canadian sales number at 877-597-7256. Just to answer 1 call takes longer than to browse and dismiss an online petition that may have 100,000,000 signatures on it, and even a mere 100 calls becomes an expensive pain to deal with. They'll be far more motivated to at least issue a statement if it's going to stop costing them money...
    You're right when you say they won't read all complains but that's not the point. If you call and speak to a customer representative they might or might not forward your complains. If they do, it'll be a long letter that someone else wrote on your behave. Now really how many people will have the time to call Bell or Palm and complain. I called so many time Palm ALWAYS direct me back to Bell saying "it's your service provider who has the last say" I call Bell and they blame it on Palm. Talking to some person on the phone who's getting paid $11 $12 an hour to hear us complain about a device they really don't care about will get you no where, believe me I've tried. I still believe with this petition we can at least direct Bell's attention to the Pre users...If that make sense?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Paid apps are coming, this petition is now useless.
    Big deal we waited 1 week for the updated, be patient.

If you want to petition Bell, petition them for their monopoly they run with Rogers and Telus with some of the most expensive cell phone plans and lowest speeds/crappy service.
    This petition is not only for paid apps issues! I think we have been patient.

Plus we still have until the end of the month, we'll see...
  18.    #18  
    19 days left
    protip: a petition that's started with internet forum members will carry about as much weight as anything else you might try, which is to say, nothing.

1.4 was a week late so Bell could kill a MMS bug that was specific to their network. Guess waht, that kind of delay happens all the time, to every manufacturer not named apple, on every carrier.

Paid apps are a Palm thing, not a Bell thing. if it were a Bell thing, Every pre except Bell pre's would have paid apps, which is not the case.

Sad as it seems, if you're that unhappy with bell, feel free to leave the carrier. Good luck getting better service with Telus or Rogers. They are no better. I deal with all 3 every single day at my job. Every. Single. Day. And I want to strangle them equally. None is better than the other.
  20.    #20  
    It seams you're the one who's unhappy! Relax dude you'll get a heart attack. But thanks for keeping the thread on 1st page...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast