Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

has anyone seen this ridiculous video? it was posted over on engadget.

They make the ipad sound so revolutionary and FUN, when it's clearly an oversized ipod touch.

But forget the actual details of what the device does or doesn't do, the point is they sure talk about it and make it SEEM like an enjoyable device. And I'm sure many people who aren't simply apple ******* will see videos like this and be interested.

Man, did the pre ever have advertising like this?
    Totally agree.

When Apple rolls these new products out it's like someone you know saying, "Hey, check this out." You can still draw your own conclusions as to whether or not it's the right product for you, but at least it's been thoroughly and enthusiastically presented to you.

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by alhaqq View Post

has anyone seen this ridiculous video? it was posted over on engadget.

They make the ipad sound so revolutionary and FUN, when it's clearly an oversized ipod touch.

But forget the actual details of what the device does or doesn't do, the point is they sure talk about it and make it SEEM like an enjoyable device. And I'm sure many people who aren't simply apple ******* will see videos like this and be interested.

Man, did the pre ever have advertising like this?
    Just a thought... maybe it actually is an enjoyable device? Sounds like you've already determined for yourself that it's not without ever having touched the device. Just sayin'

And advertising isn't going to save Palm, it will be word of mouth. Fact of the matter is, not many people are boasting about Palm/WebOS at the moment.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    haha! The man at the start, its like he is in some kind of cult trance! I couldnt even watch the rest, after that guy I closed the window.
    oversized ipod touch or not I will have me one of these puppies..
    Sorry! But if don't wear cargo pants so I haven't a pocket big enough for that slab. It will certainly be a tribute to marketing if it succeeds.
    An ERP provider I know (here in India) is already working on an app for the iPad because he is sure that it will replace industrial PDA's eventually for all dispatch/barcode/production entry related work...thats how far reaching the iPad idea (and marketing) is!

A funny thing about Palm - Many in India used to call a PDA a "palmtop" and Palm had (has?) a great opportunity to cash in on that..don't know what they're thinking though..
    so, 'magical' is the new ignorance?

they need a disclaimer at the end stating 'delusions and enthusiasm not included'

sorry, but I hope this thing fails miserably. Proprietary and closed systems is not the future... I hope
    spoken like a true hater ... (claps hands )
    Ipad, Ischmad! I already have a mini-ipad (itouch). Microsoft Courier...that's what I'm holding out for!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    hp slate
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    Totally agree.

When Apple rolls these new products out it's like someone you know saying, "Hey, check this out." You can still draw your own conclusions as to whether or not it's the right product for you, but at least it's been thoroughly and enthusiastically presented to you.

detroitkruk
    Their ads are VERY effective. To the point that people actually think they'll be able to lock their doors and change their thermostats away from home all with the magic of the iPhone. Uh...not exactly, folks! Nevertheless, by the time they find out they also need to change their locks and thermostats to compatible models, they'll have already bought the iPhone and locked themselves into a contract; Apple wins!
    notion ink adam is the best tablets coming out this year.
    As some one that travels a lot for business, I cant wait to buy an iPad. Planning to tether it with my Pre Plus.
    The only thing I really like from apple is the mac book pro.
    that said, I do prefer to see palm taking his own way.
    The ipad is one of the worst thing I ever saw in electronic, and frankly, I cannot figure out what of this unit from apple appeals so much. just a doped ipod touch.
    Better for Palm to think at another (smart)phone after the bloodbath of pres and pixies...
    When it comes to this market, the NotionInk Adam looks BOUNDS better than the iPad. Though I will not be found with either, i just find that right off the bat, the Adam just shows you more information at a time.

But they are both just large version of something I already have. My Pre
    That guy sounds like a tool, he is so very enthusiastic about his own product...... Used car salesman in a past life?
    The idea of a big iPod touch appeals greatly to me. I rely on many different iPhone/touch apps that I use on a daily basis. Can't wait to see what developers can come up with to take advantage of a bigger screen.

What I don't want is a tablet device that runs a non touch designed os (windows or OSX), or a tablet that needs spyware and antivirus apps, or a tablet that I have to wait for it to boot up when I want to use (sleep mode never works well for me). I for one can't wait for the iPad.
    Sad day in age.
    People think a giant iPod Touch is magical.

If that's magical, the Microsoft Courier is our new Overloard.
    im not into that presentation of the ipad ... i mean you have more creepy guys than palm ever had with the creepy girl talking about talking about the ipad...
    it seems more like a presentation given in front of board members than an ad.

palm needs to get rid of the creepiness not ad to it. thank g-d apple is falling into the creepy trap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast