Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    To all of the palm pre pus users out there, I am curious how bad your keyboard problms aree. This is an un-edited post with all of the dupicatees & deletins included. I have trid the key press trick psted esewhere with some modest improvement. I just wanted to get a sense of what others are expeiencing. Post your unedted replys and ets see what we get.
    I have the same problem. I thought it was just me. Any advise
    my pre's keyboard screws up all the time. I read on this site that it might be a software issue. Lets hope so cause this is my second pre because of this problem....
    I only have problems with my space bar. If I press it with my right thumb, it works. With my left thumb, usually not. I'm guessing my right thumb just happens to press it over wherever the actual contact point is, and my left thumb is too far over... but it's still lame that the space bar would have to be pressed in a specific way in the first place.
    I know people say this is a harware problem, but I'm not so sure. It seems to me that it is worse in certain applicationns. For example, I tried typig in Memos and it seemed to work perffectly. Also, sometimes I have seena delay in the letter showing on the screen after I press a key.
    Im on a pre+ and have the same problems but Im 50/50 on this. It seems as though it does work "better" in some applications vs others, but...If I do the press hard mash fix, the buttons feel different for a while and seem to work better. I havent heard anyone definitively say they got a replacement and it completely fixed it. Im debating trying though
    It bothers me often, I've become used to it though.
    For the most part it appears that the keyboard issues are with the Verizon Pre Pluses, the keyboard on my launch day Pre has not missed a beat in 9 months and same for my 2 kids Sprint Pre's.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sadly, I've had this problem too. I did the mashing trick and that worked for a bit. Today it was really bad so I did it again...AND KILLED MY KEYBOARD. It took 2 restarts and a Luna restart but then it came back to life, and are there any problems now? Of course not.

I love the hell out of this phone but the keyboard issue is a bit depressing.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > Palm Zire 71 > Palm Treo 700P > Palm Pre Plus (and loving the heck out of it!!!)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My first 29 days as a Pre+ owner were tainted by the keyboard issue. I can't tell you how awesome it is now that I have done a warranty replacement. I have always taken for granted how nice it is to have a stable keyboard that accurately reflects what I type on it. My new Pre+ is AWESOME. If you have a problem get it replaced and you won't be sorry!
    Today was my 29th day of my Pre Plus as well. Talked to Verizon, they called my local store to make sure they had some in stock, I walked in and promptly got a new Pre Plus. It's early yet, but the keyboard FEELS more responsive so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    My first 29 days as a Pre+ owner were tainted by the keyboard issue. I can't tell you how awesome it is now that I have done a warranty replacement. I have always taken for granted how nice it is to have a stable keyboard that accurately reflects what I type on it. My new Pre+ is AWESOME. If you have a problem get it replaced and you won't be sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Today was my 29th day of my Pre Plus as well. Talked to Verizon, they called my local store to make sure they had some in stock, I walked in and promptly got a new Pre Plus. It's early yet, but the keyboard FEELS more responsive so far...
    Keep us updated...

Thinkin I might be going for a replacement. Thanks
    Sprint Pre, no problems at all. Must be all that spyware Verizon had put on the Plus models.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am ony 1 week into th pre. It's sweet but th keybooard issue is frustrating. I've had allmost every smartpphone and am recenty cming from a droid. The misstaes are getting to me a bit. Maybbe I will d a warranty repplacement & see what happeens. I persoonaly think it's a hardware issue. (this is obviousy another unedited post)
    Man that's crazy.. I'd be frustrated too.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yeah.... it sucks
    I'm having the same problem all of the sudden with my space bar. There are times that I push it and nothing happens. Sometimes I get a double space. Is there anything to help??