Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just odd cuz in greece there are NO cdma networks.. so the phone is useless there.

and the fact that you were able to roam in Italy is just crazy.. you prob hit the only cdma towers in all of europe lol
    5 year sprint rep and this is what I have to say. Anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE in europe and north africa your phone will not work. Period. Only india,isreal, maybe the middle east, china, and carribean mexico. Very few if any in australia and south america. japan(wcdma only from what I remember). So ur only hope of cell phone is gsm phone or wifi phone. Now heres what I recommend. Download the vonage app or skype app for blackberry, windows mobile, or ipod touch or iphone. Find a starbucks and ur golden.. I didn't make calls in dominican republic but did have aim and slingbox on wifi in dominican republic and watched the weather channel with local forecast in PA. Lol. Just get an ipod touch and return it when you get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    just odd cuz in greece there are NO cdma networks.. so the phone is useless there.

and the fact that you were able to roam in Italy is just crazy.. you prob hit the only cdma towers in all of europe lol
    well when i went to mexico with my cdma pre...i went to mexico city and i had full signal everywhere....except in one of the mountains...i thought mexico was all gsm...hu knew
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

oh btw. This was when I had the mogul (6800)
    I live in France part of each year and have a Sprint Palm Pre, a CDMA device. You will not have phone service in France, so put your phone in Airplane mode and turn wifi on. That way you will have internet when a wifi network is present and save your battery. I will be getting the SFR version of the Pre when it becomes available.
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I live in France part of each year and have a Sprint Palm Pre, a CDMA device. You will not have phone service in France, so put your phone in Airplane mode and turn wifi on. That way you will have internet when a wifi network is present and save your battery. I will be getting the SFR version of the Pre when it becomes available.
    hey bill... are the french fries better in france?

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    whatever it is, it worked fine for me in both paris, france and from northern to southern italy.
    No it did not. Stop talking jive turkey stuff.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well when i went to mexico with my cdma pre...i went to mexico city and i had full signal everywhere....except in one of the mountains...i thought mexico was all gsm...hu knew
    You can CDMA roam in North and South America. That fact is not in dispute. If you thought "Mexico was all gsm", then it really shows how much you know.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12