Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just looked at my Pre and I had 2 voicemails. There was no missed calls and the phone never rang. I was right next to me. I tried calling my phone and it then rang. Has anyone else noticed this with their Pre on Verizon? This is a deal breaker for me. This phone might be going back if calls don't come through. Ideas?
    Have noticed the same issue 2 or 3 times on a Sprint NYC metro Pre after the 1.4 update.

In another thread either the network or a user settings was the pointed at as the perp. I'm not so sure. Didn't have this issue on previous phones/previous webOS code.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Agreed. Having same issue every few days. Very disturbing.... From now own, I always call my Pre after very reboot or Luna restart to confirm that it rings.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Maybe that is it. I needed to reboot or something. I had just installed the update to "Destroids". Do we need to be careful and reboot after installing apps? That would SUCK!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    it comes now and then. not your phone related but mostly a network. however, i would suggest opening the phone app and then use your volume buttons to see if the ringer is not turned down all the way. i did notice it couple of times.
    I have GSM Pre, and same issue after 1.4 update...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    if you have the patch " no alert during calls " that's is your problem . Evryone else can try updating network settings and updating prl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    the patch I referred to turns volume all the way down during a phone call but its faulty because it forgets to turn it back up . So your volume is left all the way off.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have been noticing the same thing since the 1.4 update. I looked around yesterday, as I missed 2 texts and a phone call and ended up running around town for nothing.. What I found was that since the update, when using larger apps, such as preware (thats what does it for me) or possibly app updates, the phone pushes the normal palm apps (calander, messaging, phone) off the java list or some list, to allow extra resources for the hog app. Now, once you close the hog app, webos doesnt restart those palm apps, so until you launch the app, it is in an unactivate state. I will try and see if I can find the thread and post a link.. I hope this makes some sense.... But it seems there are a lot of threads stating this problem, but none have the cause listed correctly... So the fix is a needed update from palm. or just make sure you launch the phone and messaging app every now and then.. No reboot needed, but I guess that would work, too...

edit: attached a thread link to where this is talked about some.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ge...r-1-4-a-2.html
    Last edited by lilmexx323; 03/09/2010 at 07:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I don't have the patch " no alert during calls " installed and my ringer was all the way up. But I did have Preware running so that would match what lilmexx suggested. This is a real problem in my book as this is a phone after all. This should be watched by all.
    Yeah this is a major problem... I am not sure how more people have not noticed it or why its not being mentioned more. I guess its kinda flyin under the radar.. I have had it happen on 3 seperate times. The first two times, I just wrote it off as something got screwy, but yesterday, I missed the call and got ****ed about it and started searching the threads to see if I was missing something... Which I was.... and it seems alot of other people are too!!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just installed JSTop from Preware and right after installing I noticed that my phone was not running. I rebooted and everything was fine. I think Preware must be killing the phone when it starts up but I know NOTHING about the innards of this phone like others. Maybe someone else (much smarter than me) can figure this out.
    Yea I'm having this problem too. (Sprint Pre 1.4)

I'm surprised this isn't on the front page. We need to bring attention to this ASAP.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I had this today. Two calls that went straight to voicemail. When I realized it was happening, I called my Pre from my desk phone in my office. Didn't ring...straight to Voicemail.

Rebooted...and now it rings.

EDIT: Sprint Pre running 1.4
    I have something to add about my experiences with this.. When this happened to me my phone was on the touchstone for about 2 hours.. When I picked it up off the touchstone I immediately received about 5 text messages, all with time stamps over the past 2 hours.

Not a good sign.
    Preware does cause the problem, but is not the only cause. It comes down to how much resources the app is pulling.. If it needs more than average it starts bumping the phone, messaging and calender app.. So other things are causing this too, just not as frequent as preware, as it is a monster app... But which app causes it really doesnt matter as it is a setting on palm's side it seems... An update is our only fix it seems...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I have been having this issue since upgrading to 1.4, It is happening daily, I attached a screen shot of another phone on my account where they tried to call and got sent straight to voicemail, But the call log for my phone does not show the calls recieved. It is starting to use up more minutes on our plan since getting sent to voicemail counts against the minutes. On this day it took 11 trys before my phone rang through.[IMG][/IMG]

Edited to add, Palm Pre, Sprint
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    lilmexx323 - is your thinking that is has to be a patch from Palm?
    That is exactly my thinking. When 1.4 was released there is some code that is allowing the main palm apps to be pushed to the side. I dont think they wanted this to happen. This should not be way for them to manage resources. Like you said this is a phone, so that should work all the time, no matter what apps are runnning...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast