Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realchemist View Post
    I honestly cannot recommend this phone to my friends when this **** happens.
    Sadly, still in the same boat myself. Additionally, I know another Pre user who has experienced some of these issues and seen first hand all my issues related to this thread and they feel the same way... except its not friends they are talking about the issues to, but rather the large online financial company they work for that is developing mobile software.

It's hard to be encouraged when zero information comes out directly from Palm to the general public indicating acknowledgment or even the slightest bit of concern about these issues.
    OK, so I ranted a bit about missing calls. That is a deal breaker for some people, but not me because I know how to fix it. I downloaded Jstop to see what was running - what a great app, should be native. After using Preware, everything was killed - phone, messaging, and email did not appear in Jstop. By opening the phone, email, and messaging apps, they were restarted and appeared in Jstop. Restarting the phone also fixes the problem.

So, I can recommend this phone to people who are techies and don't mind doing things like re-installing Windows when your computer isn't working right.

Oh ya, not related to this thread, but Palm's marketing is horrendous. They've copied a bit from the iphone, so why not copy their commercials. Show what the phone does and how it works better than other phones. Just show what this phone can do and why not being able to do it on other phones is annoying.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realchemist View Post
    OK, so I ranted a bit about missing calls. That is a deal breaker for some people, but not me because I know how to fix it. I downloaded Jstop to see what was running - what a great app, should be native. After using Preware, everything was killed - phone, messaging, and email did not appear in Jstop. By opening the phone, email, and messaging apps, they were restarted and appeared in Jstop. Restarting the phone also fixes the problem.
    I also do the above with Jstop and its a great solution without anything at all otherwise from Palm. I've only had one problem with this since I started monitoring Jstop, but that has required me to check Jstop after doing *anything* with the phone. That situation is completely unacceptable. Heh, Jstop isn't even a Palm app... without it, the phone would be 100% unreliable and you'd never know if the core apps were running.

I don't understand how anyone could recommend the phone to anyone else right now, no matter how into messing with stuffs they are. The fact that these apps get killed and you have to install third party software and constantly monitor them to make sure they are running is just wrong.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I can't open apps as of this afternoon... I have done nothing to my phone. I can't open the "phone" itself to make a call, or the contacts, or my calendar, or the web, or email...i can open my photo album...so... i really can do pretty much nothing... what the hell Palm???????????????????????
    theres been a couple of threads in here about this problem. its for sure a problem.
    Having issues as well... Looks like I got my excuse to move over to the EVO 4G. When I bought a phone, it was because it was a phone... Can't do that to well? It's out the door!
    The first time my phone was missing calls, I thought it was because my account got hacked (which it did). Things seemed fine for a while after that whole fraud mess was fixed, but now the not-receiving-calls issue has popped up again. I called the fraud department, but they said there was nothing out of the ordinary on my account. It is not consistent either, sometimes it receives, sometimes not. And for some reason, scam calls from Jamaica (area code 876) come through just fine at 2 a.m. in the morning. Frack!

My main concern is my wife is pregnant, and I can't even trust that my phone is working if she calls to go to the doctor/hospital. Very frustrating. Sprint Pre, 1.4.1.1
    I know this is an old issue, but I would like to follow up with any users having this problem either on a Palm pre, pre plus, pixi or pixi plus.

I would like to collect log files from devices after they experience this issue, if you are having the problem please send me a private message.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    This happens to me on and off as well. :/ I love so many things about my Pre, but this is getting old.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My wife and I both have this problem on VZW w/ 1.4.1.1 -- Very frustrating indeed. I downloaded JStop to my phone so I will try monitoring that and see if I notice those apps disappearing.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I've been having this issue a lot lately with 1.4.5. No missed call, just a voicemail... Also, incoming txt messages arriving up to 6-7 hrs after their timestamp.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Ha... I just did a full shutdown/restart, ran nothing but the phone app and had it in the background... 5 min later, voicemail notification...
    Last edited by ccs86; 11/02/2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    No one?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345