Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I've been checking the phone all day...I just looked down and it's closed! I hadn't done anything in a while, just been listening to Dr. Podder all day (like I was doing all day) and sometime between like 3-4 a bunch fo processes closed. All that's open are drpodder, jstop x 2, systemui x 2, launcher, and brightness unlinked. W.T.F.!
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    That is NOT GOOD! What is going on?
    On phone reboot, here's the process list:
    Systemui x2
    Phone
    Messaging x2
    Launcher
    Calendar
    Brightnessunlinked
    Email
    Contacts
    Camera
    Jstop x2
    Clock

So randomly, a bunch of crap closes. I have no cause, I'll look through the log if someone can tell me where it is...
    OK! Updating Preware causes process death...updating other things doesn't.
    I don't know what the issue is for me. I had Preware previously installed with all kinds of patches and such when I experienced this problem:
    - Not receiving calls
    - Outgoing calls gives "Call Failed: Network Busy"
    - Receiving text messages about an hour late
    - Outgoing text messages fail

I just WebOSDoctored my phone and am back to WebOS 1.1. Still experiencing the same issues, so I'm not sure it is 1.4. I'm suspecting the Sprint network, but could be wrong.

I'm now installing the 1.4 update and will see what that does =/
    So I found out the main Sprint tower in my area went down due to lightning, hence the issue with no ability to make or receive phone calls/texts. I'm thinking the missed call issue I had yesterday, however, may have been due to either the 1.4 update as some have suggested... or some kind of interference caused by rooting my phone. Not sure I can say that Preware is the culprit, but that particular issue seemingly started after I tried installing MyTether and/or the "Internals" file system browser apps.

I can't see how theming, or something like putting a battery percentage patch could cause the same interference, though.
    I've also had 4 missed calls in three days. I doctored my phone yesterday to clean it up. I did put preware back on as well. I had a missed call this morning again.

Only patches I put on:
    *Hide music player
    *Hide Nascar
    *Battery as percent
    *Confirm email delete
    *4x4 v3
    *Device menu remix with flashlight
    Quote Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
    I've also had 4 missed calls in three days. I doctored my phone yesterday to clean it up. I did put preware back on as well. I had a missed call this morning again.

Only patches I put on:
    *Hide music player
    *Hide Nascar
    *Battery as percent
    *Confirm email delete
    *4x4 v3
    *Device menu remix with flashlight
    When you say missed calls... can you confirm if they even showed up in the notification area? The only way I was able to tell that I missed my gf's 10 calls was by her asking me why I never answered =/
    Quote Originally Posted by daleyjem View Post
    When you say missed calls... can you confirm if they even showed up in the notification area? The only way I was able to tell that I missed my gf's 10 calls was by her asking me why I never answered =/
    I never checked but i will in the future. I feel this will continue...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I missed about three calls in the past two days.... They don't even show as missed calls .... This is very frustrating ... I hope we get to the bottom of this quick ..
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I missed a few calls from my friend yesterday. It was only this evening that I came to know about it when he told me.

I didn't see it in the missed call list either.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I missed a few calls from my friend yesterday. It was only this evening that I came to know about it when he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post

what kind of set up do you have (OS version, patches, etc.)? anything you can think of that you installed recently that might be the cause?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have been missing calls on and off since July, when I got my Pre. Sometimes my friend has tried calling me up to 7 or 8 times in a row and sometimes the call finally goes through. I have posted about this on another thread, but not very many people were having the same problem until now. I have never had Preware on my phone. I have thought about just getting rid of this thing, because it causes so much frustration for people who really need to get in touch with me. And I live with 3 other people who all have other Sprint phones and they do not have this problem. It is not the network! It is the phone.
    You're missing calls because the background phone process is crashing. Install jstop to monitor you processes. I'm looking for a consistent cause for this phenomenon; so far I can't find one, it's just random.
    You know what I'm finding is a fix? Leave the phone card open. It's a bit annoying, but it's worked for me since yesterday.
    I experienced this for the first time yesterday

I was listening to Pandora

then I pulled the headphone jack out

1hr later I noticed I had a VM - did not hear the phone ring and the call was not logged into my call log

tried to retreive VM and the phone (i think) still thought the headphone jack was in - as the headphone icon was displayed in the lower left corner

I could switch it to rear speaker but could not get sound to come through the "regular" ear speaker

I restared the phone and everthing seems to be working normally again

I will try to duplicate later today - but for now I though I would just report my issue
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    same issue here. hm.
    I've been having this issue as well, and it is very annoying. I noticed it mostly when I was driving in a lower signal area. I downloaded JStop and saw the phone wasn't running. I do use preware. I do think it's something with memory intensive processes, but can't confirm or consistently reproduce it.
    This is ****ing me off, dug out my PreCentral password just to post.

Sprint Pre, 1.4, Preware + patches.

The missing calls issue only started happening after the 1.4 update. It also only seems to happen after using Preware. I will get no notifications or missed calls in the call log, but I get voicemail. Also, I have noticed that after using Preware, my lock screen displays the icons at the bottom of the screen, there is no fade from black. The lock icon I have to swipe is still there though.

Palm, ***!! I had a Palm Centro for two years. I don't think I ever restarted/rebooted it and I never had a problem. I honestly cannot recommend this phone to my friends when this **** happens. WebOS is the best phone OS out there, but the stability reminds me of Windows from the 90's.

Some people seem to think it is Preware's fault, maybe it is, but it wasn't happening before 1.4. Besides, Preware is a reason I bought the phone. It lets us customize the phone how we like, unlike other phones.

Phones are becoming computers, but they MUST function like calculators - it just works everytime you press on, unless it is out of batteries.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast