Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Should we do a poll to see how many people are missing calls?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    ... So the fix is a needed update from palm. or just make sure you launch the phone and messaging app every now and then.. No reboot needed, but I guess that would work, too...
    I gave this a try and today was the first day I was able to receive all the txt messages and the call that I receive every morning on a daily basis, no issues.

While it's not an acceptable solution, it saved the day here as this has caused numerous issues for us every morning since the update. Thanks much for pointing this out lilmexx.
    I've been missing calls on my Pre since long before 1.4. The work around that I've used is to do conditional forwarding to google voice, which then will ring my home phone during home hours and my work phone during work hours. Here are the details as to how I did it:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...low-webos.html
    Twitter: dullgeek
    For VZW users, make sure you have CPOP turned on (CPOP FAQs) if you're in a 1xRTT location.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Mine does this every now and then. Mostly if I am in a low signal area.
    I really don't think there is a specific cause we can track down to this. I have missed calls with preware running and with nothing running. My wife never runs preware, and missed 3 calls yesterday.... then without touching the phone got the 4th call while I was talking to her on our house phone. She also doesn't usually run large apps, where I have the media player open all day when I am at work to hold my buffered spot in the podcast I was listening to on my way to work..... then continue to play the podcast on my way home.

I haven't had any delayed texts that I have found (and don't believe the wife has either). We have both had missed call issues on multiple occasions and other occasions where the same exact action or settings or location causes NO PROBLEM. This is surely a 1.4 issue, as this started the weekend of 1.4.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    For whatever reason, the phone, messaging, and email apps are turned off. Whether it be something else "kicking them off the list" or what. That's the reason we aren't getting calls/messages/emails.

It's quite frustrating. I had my phone in my pocket most of the day and wasn't getting any calls or text, which isn't that far out of the ordinary. When I pulled my phone out to send a text message and started up the app, all of a sudden I had 4 new text messages, and 2 new voicemails.

I downloaded the JSTop app to see what was showing, and the phone, email, and messaging apps were not.

I restarted my phone, ran the app again, and the email/messaging and phone apps were all running without me starting them up.
    today my mom called at 1134 and my phone was sitting right next to me. Did not ring. Then she called back at 1137 and it went through. She asked why I didn't answer the first call and I looked in my history and it showed the 1134 as missed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The missed calls I had didn't even register as missed calls. I just got a signal that I had voicemails. Phone however has worked well today.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I know this is just a bandaid but what has saved me from missing important calls is youmail. If you utilize their answering service.. you can select to be sent a text message/email on missed calls and/or voicemails.

Like I said.. I know this doesn't fix the problem but it saved me from completely missing some important calls. My Pre is primarily a work phone and that can't happen too often since they flip the bill for this baby. heh...
    Today I missed several calls that did not show up as "missed calls", just got voice mails.

I have a clean install of 1.4 and 19 patches. Is it likely to be a patch causing this? I am considering removing all my patches ant my theme but would like to know if this is likely to correct. I missed a very important business meeting today.
    +1 with this issue using 1.4 on a german Pre.

Plus, when I make a call, sometimes I do not ear the rings, only the voice when the person who's being called answers.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    that happends when that other person don't really wanna talk to you and they just want to leave a message, I'll do that all the time that I go to ma voice mail and I just send a voice mail to the person is kind like a message is kool I love that optio.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    maybe the phone is being put to sleep along with the rest of the other HB apps that stopped working in 1.4, due to changes made by Palm...
    I can now confirm using JStop that when the Phone process isn't running, you can't receive calls. Opening the Phone app as if you're dialing (whether the app opens or not, typically it freezes, I kill the loading card, re-open it and it opens instantly) restarts the process and I receive calls fine.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    I also am missing calls. Where can we complain to palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    I can now confirm using JStop that when the Phone process isn't running, you can't receive calls. Opening the Phone app as if you're dialing (whether the app opens or not, typically it freezes, I kill the loading card, re-open it and it opens instantly) restarts the process and I receive calls fine.
    Yeah, that's what I found, too. What I haven't been able to do is determine what killed it. I have had some oddball things occur after running PreWare under 1.4 and I thought that was the culprit but can't reproduce it. I do restart my phone after using preWare now as a precaution (if it doesn't run through an uncommanded restart after using PreWare, something new for me in 1.4).

Dave
    I have not been able to reproduce or encounter this issue outside of Preware running. I launched Preware this morning and had 8 apps available for update. Six apps were available through the App Catalog and two were available through Precentral feed. To test if it's a memory issue I first updated one of the Precentral feed apps via Preware and sure enough my phone & messaging apps were terminated. I then opened the App Catalog, and clicked 'Install Updates' for the six apps available in the App catalog and my phone & messaging apps WERE NOT terminated.

Some poeple have reported this issue occuring when running a memory intensive game but I haven't been able to reproduce it. It seems to only happen with Preware....at least for me.
    I'm keeping jStop open and am opening and closing apps to try to find the culprit. I just noticed though, the time I saw no phone app, there were only about 6 threads running total. Something is causing a system-wide sweep.

Typically all I have open is DrPodder, Preware, and Preopoly, but I have a bunch of patches installed.

Also, from time to time, it wakes up with a much brighter screen than it should. I have the "brightness unlinked startup" patch installed, and that makes BU a process which may be getting interrupted.
    I have opened preware, closed it, opened it, updated feeds, installed a patch, uninstalled a patch, uninstalled apps, installed apps, and even updated preware and package manager service. Phone process stayed running, I've done this multiple times over data and wifi over the course of the day. I don't think preware is causing it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast