Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just got my Pre + today and am enjoying using it. However, when I remove a card (up gesture) I hear a bunch of static sound for a few seconds, preceded and followed by a "pop".

Normal? Strange? Take it back?

TIA for your advice.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    hmmm weird,

1. have you reset it to see if it stops doing that

2. does the the ring tone sound like crap also?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Did reset. Still hear it...both w/card and also on phone ring. Should I get it replaced?
    Is it more of a swoosh noise? if so its a stock sound. I cant stand it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It's more like a crackly static.
    take the back cover off the phone and look at the speaker to see if you see anything floating around on it. I had this once on another type of phone and found a little stapler in the speaker area. because the speaker has a magnet behind it, it pulled the stapler on top of the speaker and rattled it every time the speaker made sounds.

Also - I know you reset it, but also try powering it down (shut off), pulling out the battery for a few seconds and then turning it back on. Sometimes a reset doesn't do justice....
    did you notice anything on the speaker?
    the swoop sound really is terrible and i could see how it can sound like static but as long as none of your other sounds sond a bit off its fine
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I've done both a reset and a battery pull. Also looked at the speaker w/o the back cover. I've also checked ringtones, games, and other items that use sound. What I'm hearing is a small "pop" as the sound is initialized, followed by the sound (with some static from the speaker added in). Then after the sound ends the static continues until the sound file is closed with a final small "pop". Looks like I'll have to return it tomorrow. (Unless someone has another "magical" remedy.

Thanks
    the only other option I can think of is to maybe doctor it. Outside of this, I think it could be a hardware issue - probably bad speaker or something wrong on the circuitry.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Folk at BB agreed that it was a problem. I now have a "newer" Pre+. Sound is great, works fine. Now, to start getting all those good apps.
    Thanks to everyone who gave advice.