1.    #1  
    Just wanted to say that please when erasing, do not select the secure erase.... from my experience it will freeze the phone up.... i couldnt switch my phone off....

im not sure if other people have tried this and was fine...but just saying from expereince... it may happen to you or it may not.... hopefully it wont...

thankyou for everyones suggestion to get it to work again...
    A normal erase tells the file system that a certain block is available to be written. It doesn't actually remove the data from the block.

A secure erase will go over every bit on the phone and write to it, making sure all data is unrecoverable. This can take a long long time. Leave your phone plugged in while it's going.
    A similar secure erase on an iphone 3g can take 4-6 hours.
    A normal erase tells the file system that a certain block is available to be written. It doesn't actually remove the data from the block.

A secure erase will go over every bit on the phone and write to it, making sure all data is unrecoverable. This can take a long long time. Leave your phone plugged in while it's going.
    A similar secure erase on an iphone 3g can take 4-6 hours.
  4.    #4  
    thats true... i accidentally pressed that button instead of the full erase...