22 23.40%

30 31.91%

22 23.40%

6 6.38%
  • 5+

14 14.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought this might be interesting because if we want Palm to succeed, we need to sell others on the Pre/Pixie.

So, how many have you "sold" by convincing others to buy? Obviously, one would be for your own. Hopefully, we have a lot of members that have sold several.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i made my sister, girlfriend, and a friend get a pre
    Good idea for a poll, but no, i haven't "sold" any. Sorry.
    Sold my best friend on the Pre, he ditched his Droid when the Plus hit Verizon. Brother in law got a Pixi Plus, guy I know on another forum switched after we compared phones over a few days. Granted, all three of them had been impressed with my Treos, so it wasn't that hard a sell. More coming soon.........
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I thought this might be interesting because if we want Palm to succeed, we need to sell others on the Pre/Pixie.

So, how many have you "sold" by convincing others to buy? Obviously, one would be for your own. Hopefully, we have a lot of members that have sold several.
    A couple, and several iPhone friends are tempted because they hate AT&T.

I've been able to get people to look at Pre every time I've been in a Verizon store and I see someone playing with the Motorola Droid. I just tell them to be sure they look at the Pre before getting a Droid. When they ask why, I consider it an invitation to start demonstrating with my Pre Plus.

The salesmen hate it, but the customers appreciate it. Even if they buy something else, they are doing so with better facts. I haven't been able to "lurk" long enough to see my victims buy, but I'm sure I had an impact on the salesman...

I haven't come up with a scenario where I would recommend the Pixi. There isn't enough cost difference to justify the smaller screen and missing features.

...and I continue to tell my friends and family they MUST get a Pre...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/08/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    I have 3 friends that picked up Pre's more or less based on my recommendation.

However, one defected to an iPhone about a month ago...
    I got my sister, brother,me, two friends and some girl at the sprint store ( because the ***** rep from palm couldn't sell his way out of a paper bag) she wanted to know if I was planted there by palm. She was like " why do you know more than him?" I started laughing, he didn't!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    all my friends are iphone ******* they bow to the Iphone gods
    Sorry - repost
    Last edited by twizardt; 03/08/2010 at 04:15 PM.

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    By simply showing my phone to my friends I take credit for about 9 Pre's sold not including my own. So far only one is unhappy with it as they have been through three phones already . I can say for the most part that everyone else has had only minor issues (no hardware) and are extremely satisfied. I think My fiancee loves this phone more than I do because of the new Facebook app. update.
  11.    #11  
    Sorry, I forgot to add my sales. "Sold" one to my boss, and that allowed me to get one. One to my daughter, one to my dad, and my sister just got one today. Five.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I put 2 because, although I have never actually seen anyone buy it, I talk about this phone EVERYWHERE. Any time I see someone whip out their Droid or feature phone I always do a demo of something or another. I have also had extended conversations with people at the store, the airport, at work... everywhere.

I never say anything to an iphone owner, though, other than demonstrating what multitasking is supposed to look like. They don't listen to anything unless it comes from Jobs.
    Mark me down for 4 Pres. On the negative side 2 of the people have had to exchage them more than once do to defects.
    I "sold" my dad his before I got mine >.>
    my gf and thats it...soon to my gf's uncle and aunt..my family is blackberry freaks and my best friends iphone freaks
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2, wife & sister-in-law. The Pre has worked out well for both

1 person has since went back to Windows

the other was going to defect... haven't kept up with her to really know
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    3, not including myself. My brother in law and both my sisters.

We've all had to replace ours at least once lol. Me and my brother in law replaced twice. so between four people, we've had 10 total pre's.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Brother, mother, father, aunt on Pre. Sister, girlfriend on Pixi.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    I have sold 7 to co workers. Many of my co workers get what the company geek get. =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast