1.    #1  
    Does anyone know why the EVDO/3G symbol has stopped appearing on my top bar? I didn't install anything that should have affected that. Does it mean that I'm not connecting to the EVDO/3G network? Web pages seem to be just as fast as when I saw the EVDO symbol. I would like the comfort of knowing how it is connecting.

When I noticed that it wasn't showing up, I tried to install the patch that lets me decide between 2G and 3G, but that install fails...

Any thoughts?

Update: I just realized that it goes away when the wifi radio makes a connection. That explains why it doesn't disappear when I'm driving (no wifi to connect to at 80 mph) but it disappears at home or anywhere there is a wifi signal it can grab...

So, question/problem is solved!

This proves the saying:

If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will develop mercury poisoning and die....
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/08/2010 at 02:59 PM.
    did you -- recently instal 1.4? is wifi on ? if both = yes then this is why if wifi is connected in 1.4 --3g icon goes away. if this is not the case then you drove into wyoming
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    did you -- recently instal 1.4? is wifi on ? if both = yes then this is why if wifi is connected in 1.4 --3g icon goes away. if this is not the case then you drove into wyoming
    You are correct. both=yes, and I didn't drive in to wyoming.

Thanks for the quick reply...