Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Can full length videos be transferred from the Pre to a computer? If so, how?
    so are you trying to put a video from the pre or on the pre?
    what do you mean by videos? Ones you make from your pre camera or once you download from youtube? or

do you mean turn dvd's into mp4's and watch them on your phone?

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sorry. I mean how do you transfer videos that are taken on the Pre and transfer them to the hard drive of a computer. Example: I recorded 5 minutes of my daughters bday party and want to download it to my computer so I can burn a DVD from it.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    the answer should be yes. on a PC, plug in your pre and go to USB mode on the phone. open Computer and double click on Palm Pre. you'll see a bunch of folder, but go to DCIM then 100Palm. your video will be CIMGXXXX.mp4. you can view the video via quicktime or other mp4 video players. convert to whatever format you like then burn to DVD.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks much, I'll try it and update later.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    No luck on Yasuro's procedure. The only files available doing it that way are all picture files. I tried reading the Help tab on the video recorder and it only outlines the procedure to bring a video from the computer to the Pre, not vice versa. I hate to say this, but my employee has a 3gs and he can transfer video files as large as he wants them to be to his computer to burn to DVD's (as well as watch them directly on a TV wired to his Iphone.) Bummer. If anyone knows how to get a video taken from the Pre onto a computer, please share.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flunkn View Post
    No luck on Yasuro's procedure. The only files available doing it that way are all picture files. I tried reading the Help tab on the video recorder and it only outlines the procedure to bring a video from the computer to the Pre, not vice versa. I hate to say this, but my employee has a 3gs and he can transfer video files as large as he wants them to be to his computer to burn to DVD's (as well as watch them directly on a TV wired to his Iphone.) Bummer. If anyone knows how to get a video taken from the Pre onto a computer, please share.
    weird. i just tested it by taking a brief video and seeing it in DCIM-->100PALM-->CIMG0034.MP4 when i hooked up my pre to my computer.

can you play to video on you video roll on the pre itself?
    Yasuro's method is the supported way of retrieving videos. Of course, that is how I transfer my videos too.

Without plugging the Pre into the computer, tap Videos on the Pre. Do you see videos listed in the Video Roll? Can you play them?
    The problem may be that when you look at the files on your computer, if you have your computer Windows Explorer to Hide extensions of known file types, all the files in the DCIM folder will look the same as far as names go.

Try looking at the file size maybe, and probably safe to assume the larger files are your videos

So you may be looking at this:
    files1.jpg

Vs. this:

files2.jpg
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Yes, I have the video on the video roll. I can access it on the Pre both by opening the video recorder as well as the video icon. I will try the method again.
    Yes, I have the video on the video roll. I can access it on the Pre both by opening the video recorder as well as the video icon. I will try the method again.
    See MY post above..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Alright, I found the video's. The file still only showed pictures but I was able to find the videos by searching "MP4" in the DCIM/100Palm file. Thanks to everyone for sticking with it and for the information. I feel better about it already!
    Last edited by flunkn; 03/08/2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added a missing word