1.    #1  
    My Pre frequently answers phone calls with the speakerphone on and blasts my eardrum. Any help?
    Wear earplugs? jk

I assume you haven't added any patches in the Phone app? There's some that answer to speaker phone when you slide open (or closed in some cases). Also, I believe it will answer to speaker if it's on the Touchstone ... so maybe it's being "fooled" somehow?

But, otherwise, I don't believe I've heard this before. I would try a full reboot (including battery pull), and then if that doesn't help perhaps use the WebOS Doctor. If it's still an issue, it's likely a hardware problem and you could try to get a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomsniper View Post
    My Pre frequently answers phone calls with the speakerphone on and blasts my eardrum. Any help?
    Isn't the speaker phone on the BACK of the phone? That would be facing away from your ear...

But seriously, the Pre answers on speaker phone when attached to the touchstone. Are you using the touchstone?

Also, it works like an iPhone in that it tries to figure out the best way to answer. If you have a bluetooth headset on - answering from the headset takes the call over bluetooth. If you touch "answer" on the phone, it doesn't send the call to bluetooth. That keeps dummies like me from answering when I forgot my bluetooth was in my pocket but still turned on... and I'm wondering why I can't hear the caller.....

If not, then look at which of the "combo patches" you have installed, because some of them change the answering behavior...
  4.    #4  
    now that I think about it, it may be while I have it on the touchstone.... I'll have to pay more attention. Thanks for the help guys! Now if I can stop activating 3 way calling with my ear on accident!
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomsniper View Post
    now that I think about it, it may be while I have it on the touchstone.... I'll have to pay more attention. Thanks for the help guys! Now if I can stop activating 3 way calling with my ear on accident!
    The proximity sensor should disable the screen while it is against your ear. If not, then hit the power button to disable the screen. After the call, head to the Verizon store to get one with a working proximity sensor.