Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre since last September. I still have the factory screen protector on it and it's actually holding up pretty well. I snipped off the tab at the top of the screen protector when i first got it. I have a small area on the left side of the screen where it is just starting to come away from the screen but overall it's still in good shape.

I have a screen protector replacement ready and waiting in the wings for the day when the factory one finally gives way but so far so good. Far better than any factory screen protector that I've ever had on any other phone.

Anyone else?
    nope ripped that sucker off as soon as i got it
    Mine started curling up after a few days so I bought a 3 pack of generic InvisibleShield blanks and used the factory screen protector as a template, 9 months later it still looks brand new. I can't believe you still are using the factory screen protector, amazing.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Mine started curling up after a few days so I bought a 3 pack of generic InvisibleShield blanks and used the factory screen protector as a template, 9 months later it still looks brand new. I can't believe you still are using the factory screen protector, amazing.
    Yeah, I'm as surprised as anyone. I've never had a factory one last longer than a few weeks. This one has been phenomenal. I keep the phone in the pouch it came with so it's constantly in and out of the pouch where i thought it might start to come away from the edges but it's been very resilient.
    I removed it when I got the Seidio equivalent. I should have saved my money and kept the factory one since it actually covered more area.
    i've had my factory one on my second pre for 4 months now, it's still pretty good conndition i cutt the tab off the top to make it look sleek, but now it looks like the glue or w/e is pealing off the endges...

so, now i need to invest in a new one, i want to get the zagg but i see people had lots of trouble putting those on.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I ripped that one off fairly quick. I ended up going with boxwave (standard coverage) which can be found here:

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...-plus_3781.htm

UPDATE: sorry I had the wrong link before. This option gives you two protectors - a larger one (extended coverage) that isn't as good and a smaller one (standard coverage) which covers with no lifted edges.

You really can't tell there's a screen protector on it. I chose to use this product, because the ones that wrap around the front, tend to lift a little and collect dust over time, making the phone look really old and worn out.
    Got mine since Dec. 12, it's still stuck in there
    It tried to come off several times when I tried to use an ipod case (it got angry I guess), it began to peel off on the small area around the mic, I put it back and it has been there since.
    Well, FWIW, that's not a permanent screen protector, like aftermarket products. It's simply a piece of thin film to prevent scratches during shipping. You're not supposed to leave it on............ That's why it has that big tab at the top corner. The majority of small electronics with glossy plastic screens or covers come with that type of shipping protection.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Well, FWIW, that's not a permanent screen protector, like aftermarket products. It's simply a piece of thin film to prevent scratches during shipping. You're not supposed to leave it on............ That's why it has that big tab at the top corner. The majority of small electronics with glossy plastic screens or covers come with that type of shipping protection.
    I pray to God that you don't really believe that anyone here doesn't know that. That being said, if it works why replace it until it needs replacing? It isn't aesthetically unpleasing. In fact, I think it looks as good or better than the replacement shields (once you trim off the tab). And functionally it works just as well.
    I had my factory screen protector (yes, I know it's not meant to be permanent) on for about 6 months until the 50% off Zagg coupon came out. Factory one worked out great for me, no bubbles and didn't look bad after the tab was cut off.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I took mine off right away. My wife however still has her launch day Pixi factory protection and it looks good. Like others, we cut her tab off the top. I wish I kept mine on my Pre.
    Skinomi. Nuff said.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I got a new replacement phone today and ripped it right off. Maybe I should have thought twice before doing so...
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I pray to God that you don't really believe that anyone here doesn't know that.
    Well........given the title, and the sheer number of people I've known that kept the plastic shrink wrap on stereos and the like over the years.........
    I've had my Pre since last September. I still have the factory screen protector on it and it's actually holding up pretty well. I snipped off the tab at the top of the screen protector when i first got it. I have a small area on the left side of the screen where it is just starting to come away from the screen but overall it's still in good shape.

I have a screen protector replacement ready and waiting in the wings for the day when the factory one finally gives way but so far so good. Far better than any factory screen protector that I've ever had on any other phone.

Anyone else?
    Though technically a screen protector, you should know that's a shipping protector. It's not meant to be left on the device when using it. I'm surprised it's not interfering with your use of the device.
    I pray to God that you don't really believe that anyone here doesn't know that. That being said, if it works why replace it until it needs replacing? It isn't aesthetically unpleasing. In fact, I think it looks as good or better than the replacement shields (once you trim off the tab). And functionally it works just as well.
    To be fair, your OP sounded as if that's what you believed, that it was a factory installed screen protector. Thought it is technically a screen protector (as I alluded to previously), it's definitely not what most of us think of when discussing "screen protectors".
    This reminds me of a thread I saw I believe over at Cliesource years ago that went something like this:

"I can't believe how messed up the screen is. Its actually warped and frayed".
    "Did you remove the little plastic thing that protects the screen during shipping?"
    "Um......."

---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To be fair, your OP sounded as if that's what you believed, that it was a factory installed screen protector. Thought it is technically a screen protector (as I alluded to previously), it's definitely not what most of us think of when discussing "screen protectors".
    I'll give you that my OP may have suggested that. But rest assured, I am under no misapprehensions about what it was intended for. However, as I said, it is more than adequate functionally as a screen protector. In fact, I like the coverage of the factory protector and the fact that it doesn't wrap around the edges like some after-market protectors. So, that being said, as long as it wants to stay on I will be more than happy to keep it on. I have a Skinomi waiting in the wings for the day that it finally does start to peel off.

My intent was just to 1) say that I am impressed that after almost 6 months it is still intact and working just fine, and 2) to see if anyone else bothered to keep the stock protector on and how long they managed to keep it before it started to peel off.
    nah i just bought a shield for it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast