Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post

My intent was just to 1) say that I am impressed that after almost 6 months it is still intact and working just fine, and 2) to see if anyone else bothered to keep the stock protector on and how long they managed to keep it before it started to peel off.
    I can one-up ya. I've got a Nakamichi cassette deck that still has the plastic put on lexan to prevent it from shredding while being cut on there. That's, what, 25 years?

I thought about leaving that little shipping protector on, but it was on crooked, I'd have to trim the tab, and it felt sticky. Yes, I have issues.
    I also cut the tab off and left the rest of it on. It stayed on from June till January (yup, launch day Pre ), when it started pealing off. Now I use it without any protector. I do miss the factory protector as it prevents finger grease collection, yet I have no intention of buying a protector. Why protect a screen from minor scratches when it auto-cracks by it self
    Buddy, you're like my grandma who still has the plastic on her sofa.
    The Pre's screen is pretty durable in terms of scratching. I wouldn't be so paranoid. If you need to have it, use Invisible Shield, but please take the default plastic off.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Buddy, you're like my grandma who still has the plastic on her sofa.
    The Pre's screen is pretty durable in terms of scratching. I wouldn't be so paranoid. If you need to have it, use Invisible Shield, but please take the default plastic off.
    Maybe the dumbest response I've seen. Why take something off that is as good functionally as any after-market product? You, and that, make no sense.

The factory protection is still on securely, is not peeling off, has perfect screen coverage, looks great and offers excellent protection from scratches, scuffs or finger grease.

When the time comes that it finally starts to peel then I indeed will peel it off and put something else on. Until that time comes it works as good as anything else out there.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would highly recommend the InvisibleShield that Best Buy sells. I'm sure other places sell it too. They'll install it for you there in the store for $8. I put one on my Pre 1 week after I got it b/c I got a teeny tiny little scratch on it and it drove me nuts. The InvisibleShield is guaranteed not to scratch and keeps it looking brand new. You don't even know it's on there. It doesn't carry fingerprints as much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggityd View Post
    I would highly recommend the InvisibleShield that Best Buy sells. I'm sure other places sell it too. They'll install it for you there in the store for $8. I put one on my Pre 1 week after I got it b/c I got a teeny tiny little scratch on it and it drove me nuts. The InvisibleShield is guaranteed not to scratch and keeps it looking brand new. You don't even know it's on there. It doesn't carry fingerprints as much either.
    You can get that here, PreCentral's store sells the full body kit for $25. Got mine yesterday, kudos to PreCentral for great service. Ordered late last Thursday night, was shipped out first thing Friday morning with an active tracking number, hit my door yesterday evening. I like the little blurb from the VP of customer service on the shipping invoice that included contact info, both phone and email. Nice touch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12