Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please please please someone help me....ill get on my hands and knees if i have to.......

my pre has frozen...i cant switch it off...i take the battery out and put it back in and its frozen on the same bloody page.....i cant unlock my sim with the pin...its the page where you unlock your sim, and set your phone on private...(contacts preferences i think).....

im trying to doctor the phone but it doesnt pick up the usb...or it does but i cant connect as i cant press the middle button to make it into a card so i can flick it back up....

please please please someone tell me what to do........im at the point of crying....
    Ok ok, don't cry.

First try leaving the battery out for 10-15 minutes and then put it back in.
    This happens alot, and this fixes it sometimes.
    Try pushing the power button and at the same time switch the mute button side to side 3 times.

Both are beside each other in case you dont know.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  4.    #4  
    ive tried that, half hour i left it out...still comes back to the same page....please advice....
    orange+sym+u to put in usb mode then webos doctor after backing up any important files in usb drive
    Unplug your phone from your computer, restart your computer , and run the doctor, then when it asks you to plug your phone, take the battery out for 30 seconds, plug it back in, turn your Pre on, plug the usb cable and see if that helps.

I have realized sometimes that your computer will need to be restarted if the Dr does not recognize your Pre the first time.
  7.    #7  
    zx600---- ive just tried this and it restarted the phone...back to that page....
  8.    #8  
    htabbach----i will try this now
    Quote Originally Posted by funkychick786 View Post
    zx600---- ive just tried this and it restarted the phone...back to that page....
    Follow 063_xobx suggestion.

orange+sym+u to put in usb mode then webos doctor after backing up any important files in usb drive

Don't stress, somehow someone will find a solution if this one doesnt work, but I am pretty sure it will.
  10.    #10  
    still no luck...restarted computer, tried the "orange+sym+u"..that doesnt work...
    ive just read in the doctor you phone page to hold on to up volume button when off but that doesnt work either.... .....it comes back up on the same page...no gestures work, the quick launcher doesnt come up....

why me?.....i fought day and night wid my hubby to buy a pre...

should i try the " Last_Resort_Emergency_BootLoader_Recovery " anyone?...but im scared as no one has ever need to do this?....
  11.    #11  
    i forgot to say this only happened because i accidentally pressed the secure erase instead of full erase.......
  12.    #12  
    hparsons--- no it wasnt connected to anything.... im going to try leaving it off without the battery throughout the night and see what happens...

but anyone...other advice is very much welcomed.....
    if its at the lock screen then you need to enter the pin and if for some reason you cant and its in dev mode there is a bypass pin lock patch not sure if theres a .ipk version (the file yo install via quickinstall)
    have you tried calling the Palm tech support number ?
    Quote Originally Posted by funkychick786 View Post
    hparsons--- no it wasnt connected to anything.... im going to try leaving it off without the battery throughout the night and see what happens...

but anyone...other advice is very much welcomed.....
    Sorry, I deleted my post after I realized I misread what you were saying. That said, it does sound like this warrants a visit to the carrier to get the phone replaced.
    By chance, do you have a demo unit? (Sorry, someone had to ask.)
  17. J0E
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    By chance, do you have a demo unit? (Sorry, someone had to ask.)
    Busted.
  18.    #18  
    no, its a proper phone....it was in use all these days...until today when i accidentally pressed the secure erase instead of full erase..i think that is the cause...
  19.    #19  
    but just out of curiosity...with demo phones...can you use them like a normal phone but with a limitation?..?
    yes and in sprint store there are some without any limitation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast