Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Here is a little speed dial trick that I stumbled upon. Probably 5 out of 10 times that I try to hold down a number on the touchscreen to call a speed dial, it doesn't work. I found that if you hit a number that is associated with a speed dial (1-9) and flick your card up to minimize or close, it will dial the number. Also, it seems to only work consistently with more than one card open (dialer + 1). I don't know if this is an intended feature, but I don't remember reading about it anywhere else.
    It doesn't work for me. I usually just press the speed dial number then tap on the entry when it appears on the universal search. Not really fast, but faster than holding the button.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Thanks! That actually works for me - holding the # for speed dial work for me only 1/2 the time as well. This helps, but i would rather have voice dialing!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    It doesn't work for me. I usually just press the speed dial number then tap on the entry when it appears on the universal search. Not really fast, but faster than holding the button.
    It works for my phone and my wife's. You have to hit the number on the touchscreen not the keyboard.
    The disappointing part about this thread is that the speed dial only works part of the time.

I have noticed an improvement in my success rate if I hit the speed dial button for about 1 second - no more, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by reissc1 View Post
    Here is a little speed dial trick that I stumbled upon. Probably 5 out of 10 times that I try to hold down a number on the touchscreen to call a speed dial, it doesn't work. I found that if you hit a number that is associated with a speed dial (1-9) and flick your card up to minimize or close, it will dial the number. Also, it seems to only work consistently with more than one card open (dialer + 1). I don't know if this is an intended feature, but I don't remember reading about it anywhere else.
    don't get it? flick which card? the phone? sorry i must be thick headed
    I just want to know why if you hold the assigned button down it does not work. Isn't that the reason for speed dial?
    Palm requested fix. Speed dial: Hold button for 1-2 seconds will bring up query, 2 or more it dials numbers assigned. PALM PLEASE FIX THIS!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Odd - my speed dial works just fine. Never had a problem with it.
    Only one doesn't work for me -- "W". Every other speed dial works like a champ.

Perhaps I use that button too often!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I have read this from someone else a few months back. Yes, in the Phone app, if you tap the speed dial number (1-9) and then flick up from the gesture area, the phone app minimizes, and then comes back to full screen and dials that speed dial number. Very odd feature. It works for me 80% of the time.

The main way I do speed dial is using the keyboard. Of course there must not be a card open at full screen, then press and hold the letter on the keypad. And again, sometimes it will go directly to dialing the number, and sometimes I have to tap the top of the screen when it finds the Speed Dial contact associated with that particular letter pressed. It is annoying and hope it gets fixed as well.

Another thing is all of my other phones have had more than 26 speed dial number capacity. I had like 100's of speed dials. You could use a speed dial in a way that lets you type in the number 35 for instance and hold down the 5, and that will dial that speed dial contact. Has anyone else had this feature on previous dumb phones?

There has to be more than 26 speed dials. Unacceptable. Pea soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post

Another thing is all of my other phones have had more than 26 speed dial number capacity. I had like 100's of speed dials. You could use a speed dial in a way that lets you type in the number 35 for instance and hold down the 5, and that will dial that speed dial contact. Has anyone else had this feature on previous dumb phones?

There has to be more than 26 speed dials. Unacceptable. Pea soup.
    My old phone had the capability to hold a bunch of speed dials as well. problem is, I don't call that many people that often...and I'm in sales. Who the hell calls hundreds of people so frequently that they need to reserve speed dials for that many people (besides you, or maybe DJ Paulie Delvecchio)? Am I missing something? I don't even have a speed dial set for my parents because I maybe speak with them two or so times a month. I think you may be trying to exaggerate your popularity to the people on these boards
    Quote Originally Posted by loserdanny View Post
    My old phone had the capability to hold a bunch of speed dials as well. problem is, I don't call that many people that often...and I'm in sales. Who the hell calls hundreds of people so frequently that they need to reserve speed dials for that many people (besides you, or maybe DJ Paulie Delvecchio)? Am I missing something? I don't even have a speed dial set for my parents because I maybe speak with them two or so times a month. I think you may be trying to exaggerate your popularity to the people on these boards
    NO, thats not the point. I'm just trying to say that 26 speed dial numbers are definitely not enough. Also, how do you know anyone else and the people they associate with? It has nothing to do with popularity. It's not my fault that you know 10 people and have no life. I did not say I had 100's of people that I would put into speed dial, I was just comparing to other dumb phones. Learn to read and interpret context.
    NO, thats not the point. I'm just trying to say that 26 speed dial numbers are definitely not enough. Also, how do you know anyone else and the people they associate with? It has nothing to do with popularity. It's not my fault that you know 10 people and have no life. I did not say I had 100's of people that I would put into speed dial, I was just comparing to other dumb phones. Learn to read and interpret context.
    See the irony? Calm down dude, it was a joke. I guess you're little temper tantrums make you equivalent to a man and not actually one, young lady.
    See the irony? Calm down dude, it was a joke. I guess you're little temper tantrums make you equivalent to a man and not actually one, young lady.
    alright alright. Let's squash it. I don't see the irony nor do I see your humor, but can I have your number so I can put it into my speed dial please. I have one slot to fill?
    sorry to say Voltagerock, but loserdanny is perfectly right. U said:
    "Another thing is all of my other phones have had more than 26 speed dial number capacity. I had like 100's of speed dials."...if i get english correctly, this means U HAD 100's of speed dials set up, which is different from what u pretend to have said, that ur phone actually had the possibility to set 100's of speed dials.

Apart from this, when u have universal search and whatever phone u look for jumps up in a matter of seconds, what do u do with speed dial anymore?
    Besides...i congratulate for the memory of anybody who can even remember to whom 100's of speed dials are associated...i would already have problems with the 10 i thought the phone was capable of! ahahah!
    alright alright. Let's squash it. I don't see the irony nor do I see your humor, but can I have your number so I can put it into my speed dial please. I have one slot to fill?
    Really not going to belabor the point & will squash it. However, I do appreciate your commenting on my reading skills while not understanding irony. The irony of the post was that you ask a rhetorical question about how I would know "anyone else and the people they associate with?"....with the obvious answer being that I do not know these people or who they associate with. Then you follow the sentence by commenting about me & the people I associate with, thus contradicting your other sentence. See? Irony.

Thanks memfel for seeing it in my light, that was my point too! Apologies for being a bit of a thread hijacker. I'm done
    Man you guys are critical. Well, I meant it had 100's of speed dial capabilities. I guess it can be interpreted in different ways. No, I did not use that many speed dial entries. I already cleared that up in the second post. But the point was that it was possible.
    For instance, I had one particular friend on speed dial number 44, and his brother was 45, and so on for other people. Fortunately for me, I have a good memory and I am an intelligent Electrical Engineer so my brain capacity is greater than yours apparently.

Somehow I think this argument is still not squashed!

But on a serious note, I use the Pre speed dial on the keypad to represent the person's first initial of their name, and if there are duplicates, I use the last name initial for another contact, which requires a slight bit of memory, which I am perfectly capable of using.
    Man you guys are critical. Well, I meant it had 100's of speed dial capabilities. I guess it can be interpreted in different ways. No, I did not use that many speed dial entries. I already cleared that up in the second post. But the point was that it was possible.
    For instance, I had one particular friend on speed dial number 44, and his brother was 45, and so on for other people. Fortunately for me, I have a good memory and I am an intelligent Electrical Engineer so my brain capacity is greater than yours apparently.

Somehow I think this argument is still not squashed!

But on a serious note, I use the Pre speed dial on the keypad to represent the person's first initial of their name, and if there are duplicates, I use the last name initial for another contact, which requires a slight bit of memory, which I am perfectly capable of using.
    Think it's because you keep going for the last word, just like me!

FYI, "electrical engineer" is not capitalized in that context, Rain Man
    Think it's because you keep going for the last word, just like me!

FYI, "electrical engineer" is not capitalized in that context, Rain Man
    It depends, words can be capitalized when used to describe one's status and position. Actually, I just made that up but it may be true. Go speed dial.
    It depends, words can be capitalized when used to describe one's status and position. Actually, I just made that up but it may be true. Go speed dial.
    "Capitalize the field when its used to mean the department. Use lower case for the field when its used in a general sense.

Right: Shes a professor in the Department of Physics.

Right: Shes a professor in the Physics Department.

Right: Shes a physics professor.

Right: She majored in physics."

Writer's Style Guide : Capitalization

See, you learn something new everyday...unless of course you've used your immense brain capacity memorizing the speed dial numbers in your phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast