Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by loserdanny View Post
    "Capitalize the field when its used to mean the department. Use lower case for the field when its used in a general sense.

Right: Shes a professor in the Department of Physics.

Right: Shes a professor in the Physics Department.

Right: Shes a physics professor.

Right: She majored in physics."

Writer's Style Guide : Capitalization

See, you learn something new everyday...unless of course you've used your immense brain capacity memorizing the speed dial numbers in your phone.
    ...or spending too much time on this post that has taken a serious tangent when I'm supposed to be working, contributing to society and all that jazz!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Cool trick, it works for me.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Another thing is all of my other phones have had more than 26 speed dial number capacity. I had like 100's of speed dials. You could use a speed dial in a way that lets you type in the number 35 for instance and hold down the 5, and that will dial that speed dial contact. Has anyone else had this feature on previous dumb phones?

There has to be more than 26 speed dials. Unacceptable. Pea soup.
    Unacceptable? Does this mean you're taking it back if they don't change it?

I suspect that the current "speed dial" option is all we're ever going to have, except for other workarounds that achieve basically the same purpose.

Your previous phones had 99 (or 999, if that was the case) speed dial options because there were no other real options to quickly dial a contact. That's not the case with the Pre.

For instance, instead of remembering (somehow) that Mary Jones is 37, you can simply type MJ and she will likely come up (depending on how many contacts you have whose name starts with MJ). That's the purpose of Universal Search.

Or, you can download one of the apps that lets you have a shortcut for a user.

These are options that weren't available on dumb phones, and make the need to remember 99 (or 999) different codes for different users no longer necessary.

You need to use the device the way it was designed to be used, instead of trying to force it into an older way of doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Unacceptable? Does this mean you're taking it back if they don't change it?

I suspect that the current "speed dial" option is all we're ever going to have, except for other workarounds that achieve basically the same purpose.

Your previous phones had 99 (or 999, if that was the case) speed dial options because there were no other real options to quickly dial a contact. That's not the case with the Pre.

For instance, instead of remembering (somehow) that Mary Jones is 37, you can simply type MJ and she will likely come up (depending on how many contacts you have whose name starts with MJ). That's the purpose of Universal Search.

Or, you can download one of the apps that lets you have a shortcut for a user.

These are options that weren't available on dumb phones, and make the need to remember 99 (or 999) different codes for different users no longer necessary.

You need to use the device the way it was designed to be used, instead of trying to force it into an older way of doing things.
    +1

And who can remember 99 speed dial numbers in the first place. Maybe like a Secret Double Agent or something.

I am a triple agent. I can memorize 999 speed dial entries
    Impressive! Three letters in universal search will come up just as fast won't it?

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    okay - you folks have got to stop! My outbursts of laughter are attracting unwanted attention! I hate speed dial - I use those pretty push the picture applications to call the 6 people I know.
    true for rubarb
    true for rubarb
    rhubarb?

I dunno, I think you gave up the fight long ago and did well not completely fighting back and tried to lighten the mood. Well done in my book.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12