1.    #1  
    I just doctored my pre to using version 1.4.1. and attempted to reinstall the mytether app. The installer progress bar loads and says "installation done" but no changes to my PRE and no sign of app. This is on a WIN7 Ultimate PC.

Tried rebooting PC and phone and also tried from different PC with XP and same results. Any help would be appreciated.
    I ran into that problem yesterday. Just make sure that you leave the mytether installer open about a minute after it says complete and check your phone to verify that it actually installs. I think I was closing the installer to fast.
    They seemed to have a problem the other day. A couple of friends had the same problem. The donor forum said to redownload the latest installer because aonic had made some changes to it the other day.

Also, make sure your phone has either a 3G or wifi connection to the internet. MyTether is not encapsulated in the install program, but is actually installed over the air. The installer simply activates this process. If you don't have a good OTA connection, it will simply assume it was installed properly without actually installing the program.
  4.    #4  
    I left it plugged in for about 15 minutes and it would not download and install. I guess I may have to pony up the 15.00.
    I'm having a hard time finding the free version to install. Can someone point me towards the windows install for MyTether?

Will this even work on Bell?
    I have installed 2.1 but even though my devices see the network and claim to connect I cannot use the service. After searching for a while I found a fix on the mytether website that says to reinstall the old 2.04 version and attempt to unpatch the device and then to try reinstalling 2.1. However the link to the 2.04 version is dead. Anyone know how I can get it or how I can fix my problem?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    I just doctored my pre to using version 1.4.1. and attempted to reinstall the mytether app. The installer progress bar loads and says "installation done" but no changes to my PRE and no sign of app. This is on a WIN7 Ultimate PC.

Tried rebooting PC and phone and also tried from different PC with XP and same results. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sorry what 1.4.1 or are you talking about 1.3.5/1..?
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    Sorry what 1.4.1 or are you talking about 1.3.5/1..?

I was wondering the same thing. I ran a quick update to see if anything has been released.