1.    #1  
    I searched for this issue many times... couldn't find anything. So here I go..

I just got my phone a week ago today. I updated my phone to WebOS a few days ago. I had yahoo email accounts, yim synced to my messaging, video editing and capturing options... and all of that good stuff.

I called Spirit Customer Care yesterday about an issue i was having with sprint tv. we ended up completely erasing everything from my phone, and re-activating my phone. the goal was to see if the problem was still happening before I updated the phone. He said it should return my phone to the way it was before I updated... so, according to that, it should have set my phone back to factory settings and done away with the webos 1.4 update.

well, after my phone came back and I re-synced my palm profile... it says I still have webos 1.4 under device info and I find that strange. I still have video editing and video capturing options, but the yahoo IM account options under messaging are gone. But my account is still linked up right, and I can still use yim on my phone. it's just not an option to add. Also media sync was disabled.

I guess I'm just wondering if the updates stay backup on my palm profile.. According to everything I've read, they don't. It just seems like it something is off... my sprint tv problem never got fixed either, but I'm thinking that's on sprint's end. not mine.

I checked the updates, it says my phone is up to date.

I told the guy this over the phone, he seemed to think it was a good thing. but I dunno.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by energeticalien View Post
    completely erasing everything from my phone
    The OS version isn't "stored" in your profile. If you run webOSDoctor, the version you use determines the OS. If you just did a full erase of your phone, you didn't erase the OS to begin with.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    The OS version isn't "stored" in your profile. If you run webOSDoctor, the version you use determines the OS. If you just did a full erase of your phone, you didn't erase the OS to begin with.
    ah, ok. that makes sense, too... then I wonder why he wanted me to do the full erase to begin with...

It looks like I'll be taking my phone back tomorrow anyway and trying to swap for another pre... due to the original issues I was having