1.    #1  
    Prior to 1.4, I would be able to type the first initial and last initial of a contact's name and the contact would show up in Universal search. Now in 1.4, if the both initials are also the keys for numerical digits (such as a contact with initials R.R. would be picked up as "22"), the Universal search only shows "Dial 22" as option but fails to show any contact matches. This is true for 3 digits too. I have a friend with first initial D and first two letters of last name "Ge." Typing DGE on universal search previously would bring up his contact info, but now it only gives me options to Dial 461 or "Find dge."

Anyone else noted this lost functionality in 1.4?
    Last edited by thesnowdog; 03/08/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    just tested your theory by typing D (4) T (3) and it found my correct contact which is an email address for contact "disability tickets" so works A OK here.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess one of my patches may be interfering. I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    just tested your theory by typing D (4) T (3) and it found my correct contact which is an email address for contact "disability tickets" so works A OK here.
    Yeah it still works fine for me too. Methinks the OP needs to try this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Prior to 1.4, I would be able to type the first initial and last initial of a contact's name and the contact would show up in Universal search. Now in 1.4, if the both initials are also the keys for numerical digits (such as a contact with initials R.R. would be picked up as "22"), the Universal search only shows "Dial 22" as option but fails to show any contact matches. This is true for 3 digits too. I have a friend with first initial D and first two letters of last name "Ge." Typing DGE on universal search previously would bring up his contact info, but now it only gives me options to Dial 461 or "Find dge."

Anyone else noted this lost functionality in 1.4?
    This is not the case on my system. I type in "EE", and the top bar does show "11" with the phone icon, but after the second bar (search option), it shows my contact whose initials are EE.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to everyone for their input on this. I figured out the problem. I am posting this in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

I had Keytoss Keyword Search patch installed prior to 1.4. I assumed AUPT would handle the patch cleanly. I did remove it after installing 1.4 but it looks like it was incompletely removed. In browser preferences, my default search engine was set to "keytoss" even though the patch was not technically installed. This was causing some faulty logic in the Universal Search algorithms. Once I changed that setting to "google", things are working normally again. If you anyone wants to reset this remnant of the Keytoss patch, this following patch supposedly fixes it.

http://ktimg.com/pre/keysearch_patch...database.patch
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I never have had the Keytoss patch, but it 1.4 lost universal search for almost everything. Did you think installing the above patch will fix this?

I'm hoping to not have to Dr. my Pre.