1.    #1  
    Hi Guys, Having read the threads about Sprint replacing faulty phones in store, I went to my local O2 store as the volume rocker on my pre seems to be shorting out randomly.
    I was then told that they would have to send it away and that I would be without my phone for at least 2 weeks.
    Has anyone had a better result from O2 or should I try contacting Palm to see if they are more inclined to help.
    Just to add insult to injury, O2 offered to lend me a 10+ yr old nokia whilst my phone was away and wanted a 30 deposit.
    Contact Palm directly as they in Germany told me any issue should be solved within 7 days after they received the phone. 02 doesn't directly deal with Palm regarding repairs.

If you are within 15 days after purchase, the phone will be exchange right in the store, at least that is the policy here in Germany, agreed between Palm and 02.
    I've got a O2 DE unlocked Pre, and I had a problem with my phone. I therefore comntacted Palm directly by chat support. We used an hour of going thru different methods to fix the phone, after one hour the supporter told me they'd (Palm) arrange for a DHL Xpress to pick up my phone the same day, and take it to UK.
    As I remember (!!) I was told that I could expect to get it back within 7 working days. That couild be done, 'cause the phone was picked up one hour after I talked to Palm, and noon the next day it had arrived @ Palm.
    Now I'm a bit excited to see whether I'll get it back within 7 working days :0)) !
    WebOS still makes sense.
  4.    #4  
    Just looked on Palm's site here. There is no phone number listed for UK and if you click the chat link it goes back to the solutions page.
    Way to go to support us UK users.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Stue check out this link which details the process that many of us have had to follow: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pping-pre.html

Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    after one hour the supporter told me they'd (Palm) arrange for a DHL Xpress to pick up my phone the same day, and take it to UK.
    Palm UK Support requested I send them my Pre insured to them at my cost and then it will take them 7 working days to 'look at it'. I stated that for a 'premium' phone, the least they can do is pick it up from me. They refused. They also disregarded the fact that I'm on my third Pre and that my third one has already been repaired once [due to Oreo]. They simply batted it all off to O2 and told me I should always contact the carrier first....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Stue check out this link which details the process that many of us have had to follow: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...pping-pre.html

Palm UK Support requested I send them my Pre insured to them at my cost and then it will take them 7 working days to 'look at it'. I stated that for a 'premium' phone, the least they can do is pick it up from me. They refused. They also disregarded the fact that I'm on my third Pre and that my third one has already been repaired once [due to Oreo]. They simply batted it all off to O2 and told me I should always contact the carrier first....
    Cheers for the link, the futures not looking to bright, maybe I should move to orange,
    There's a software bug in 1.4 that make the music volume indicator pop up randomly (and could make the volume jump around randomly). If that's what you're experiencing, it's likely that your phone is ok.

In the UK your contract is with the vendor, NOT the manufacturer. Palm do not, legally, have to do anything to support customers. Anything they choose to do is purely goodwill.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    There's a software bug in 1.4 that make the music volume indicator pop up randomly (and could make the volume jump around randomly). If that's what you're experiencing, it's likely that your phone is ok.
    Thanks Palim but I am aware of that and this problem started pre update. The down volume sticks on and even if I am increasing the volume from the sounds menu it will go back down as soon as I let go of the slider.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    In the UK your contract is with the vendor, NOT the manufacturer. Palm do not, legally, have to do anything to support customers. Anything they choose to do is purely goodwill.
    How does that align itself against the 2 year warranty? Is it a manufacturers warranty or O2's warranty? If the latter, then I see that Palm has no obligation to help.
    How does that align itself against the 2 year warranty? Is it a manufacturers warranty or O2's warranty? If the latter, then I see that Palm has no obligation to help.
    the warranty offered by Palm is over and above the legal obligation imposed on O2 by the Sale of Goods Act - BUT - to protect your rights you MUST address any problem with the vendor first and give them a chance to put it right before involving anyone else. If you invoke the Palm warranty without talking to O2 first, O2 can get out of future support. SoGA rights can last for more than 2 years (sometimes up to 7).
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    i would be careful with this one.. I had a sony x1 witho2. All sorts of problems with it and sent back a number of times. To speed it up i sent directly to sony who sorted it out on warranty. But later in the year i had lots of problems with o2 because sony didn't tell them what imie i was swapped with. So i had to get letters from sony and basically i would say give it to o2 to fix it
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    you will prob get it back before 2 weeks anyway. They just say that to cover their *****
    the speaker packed in on mine so i gave it over to o2 to be repaired on a monday and i had it back before the weekend. Dont get me started on the loan phone they gave me though
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by normanpearson1983 View Post
    the speaker packed in on mine so i gave it over to o2 to be repaired on a monday and i had it back before the weekend. Dont get me started on the loan phone they gave me though
    haha, I had one of those loan phones too. The most basic phone in the world but the battery lasted nearly 4 days!!! Thats how the Nokias used to roll back in the day..
    i returned my pre for phantom screen touches last week.i had to talk to palm support first on their net chat first.After all the resets it still gave the problem so they gave me one of the UK support numbers and they told me return it to a particular address in the UK.you have to pay your own shipment fees to the address and they only return the item to addresses in the Uk.I am in the Trinidad in the caribbean so i am letting one of my friends ship it for me and then return it.basically anyone outside of the Uk has to find some address in the Uk to get the phone to and from palm repair centre.I will let you guys know when they retturn it and if it really is less than the 1 week that they say it is supposed to take.
    I returned my Pre to O2 store after 2 weekes (in November) due to:
    1) OREO effect
    2) space button did not 'click'
    It was accepted without any problems and I received a brand new PRE straight away. After some time I returned my Touchstone - again without any problems at all.