1.    #1  
    I found an interesting bug in the phone app today. Here is an example scenario:

Phone number in a contact: (312) 555-1234
    Your area code: (708)

If you dial your contact's phone number WITHOUT the area code using the dial pad (555-1234), the Phone app assumes you are dialing a number within your own area code (a logical assumption since that is what your carrier will dial). That means the number called is 708-555-1234, which is NOT the same number as your contact's. HOWEVER...your contact's name & photo will still be displayed on your screen during that call and in your call logs!!!!

It would seem that the Phone app associates manually dialed calls by the last 7 digits ONLY, not by both the area code and phone number!!! I tested this on two different Palm Pre devices running 1.4.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Well, this isnt actually a "bug"...All phones do that. The association with that number is based of the stored number on your phone, but the phone's network or rather carrier would assume that you're dialing within your area code because you didnt include a different area code. My area code is 845 here, but my phone's area code is 646, only because i moved here, from New York City to the surburb. So whenever i call a number, my phone carrier assumes that its a 646 area code, so whenever im calling anyone, i have to include the area code....makes sense now?..
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I don't think you read what he was reporting as the "bug."

He acknowleged that the telco would assume the area code if none was provided. However, your phone will still display a contact's picture even if the dialed area code is different from the area code stored in the contact.
    ... Which brings me to a patch request I madelong ago, multiple times ... Some people thought it was pointless.. Cause they felt 'name' search was fine.

however... I believe phone #'s should be in the universal search or at least through the phone app... A universal contact search as you dial (but phone #s not letters)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, this isnt actually a "bug"...All phones do that. The association with that number is based of the stored number on your phone, but the phone's network or rather carrier would assume that you're dialing within your area code because you didnt include a different area code. My area code is 845 here, but my phone's area code is 646, only because i moved here, from New York City to the surburb. So whenever i call a number, my phone carrier assumes that its a 646 area code, so whenever im calling anyone, i have to include the area code....makes sense now?..
    My issue is what clerick44 confirmed above...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    ... Which brings me to a patch request I madelong ago, multiple times ... Some people thought it was pointless.. Cause they felt 'name' search was fine.

however... I believe phone #'s should be in the universal search or at least through the phone app... A universal contact search as you dial (but phone #s not letters)
    How would this solve the issue?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL