1.    #1  
    I use 3 aps that interact with the GPS -- intersection , Google Maps, and Where is my pre. since i updated to 1.4 all of these apps are having problems interacting with the GPS. some times they do sometimes they don't -- is anyone else having issues?

thanks
    Rob
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i had problems w/ my pre+ before 1.4. gps is almost useless now.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I use 3 aps that interact with the GPS -- intersection , Google Maps, and Where is my pre. since i updated to 1.4 all of these apps are having problems interacting with the GPS. some times they do sometimes they don't -- is anyone else having issues?
    I've been having problems with Sprint Navigator. I've had to reboot the Pre to get things to work properly. What does seem to help, however, is that I have a homebrew -- reboot scheduler -- on my Pre and it does a reboot each night while I'm sleeping and that clears the system quite well. During the summer people were saying (correctly so) that rebooting the Pre a couple of times a week was good for it just like having to reboot a PC to clear the cache or whatever. In the last month or two a person came up with Reboot Scheduler that allows you to have the Pre reboot on schedule anytime you'd like. I think that helps. Not a perfect solution as opposed to conflicts created by an OS.
  4.    #4  
    I have a version of this program called preset reset -- i think it is the same program -- i am under the impression the the connection takes longer to happen after a reset -- i use Battery saver to turn my phone off by going into airplane mode from 9pm till 7 am so i don't get bothersome alerts at night -- in the morning when it turns back on i believe the gps program has a hard time starting up -- i believe that it does after a reset as well. I am on verizon with a pre plus -- never had problems in the couple of weeks leading up to 1.4 -- when the update came out i doctored the phone to a clean 1.3 and then doctored to 1.4 so the install should be clean -- sorry to hear you are having problems too but also kind of relieved not to be entirely alone

thanks
    Rob
    even rebooting I simply can not get Sprint NAV to work .. and google is very very sluggish! I just moved 1400 miles to a new city and I would reaaaally like my GPS!!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I have been having problems with with Navigator since 1.4 came out. Whether it is coincidence or not, it's happening.

A couple of solutions:
    - Make sure that GPS (location services) is enabled, and that you have Data enabled.
    - Bring up the Phone and dial ##477#, then "Get a fix"
    - Reboot regularly
    - Battery pull when all else fails.

I had an issue yesterday, using my Pre to find a restaurant for my boss. I was trying to show how cool the phone was, and it decided to freeze up for 30 minutes. I pulled the battery around 8 times, and FINALLY got it working again. Not so cool anymore, huh?
  7.    #7  
    My GPS was woring perfectly prior to 1.4 -- this has to be a software issue --no? Could doctoring the phone help? is this something that everyone is experiencing just a lot of people do not use GPS or is it something that is happening to only a few?

did the previous upgrades cause a lot of problems before they got things ironed out?

Thanks in advance
    Rob