1.    #1  
    I took some video today and tried to upload to Facebook. Actually, two videos about 2:30 minutes in length.

The first attempt via EVDO failed with an error. On the second try, the upload completes, the icon changes to a check mark, and I think I'm done. I go into Facebook, and nothing.

Try again with the second video. Upload appears successful, the up arrow changes to a check mark. I click the notification at the bottom of the screen, and watch part of the video. I'm guessing it's the local copy that plays, not sure though, because there is a little Facebook icon in the lower right of the video playback screen. Check Facebook, and nothing, no video.

Try the first upload again, when I get home, via WiFi. Pretty much the same thing. File uploads, up arrow changes to a check box, notification asks if I want to view the video, I play back a portion, note the little Facebook icon. Check Facebook with PC, no videos. Try to upload again via Pre, and there is no option to upload to Facebook. The YouTube and MMS options are there.

Anyone else having the same issue? Is this a WebOS issue? Facebook issue? Or, one of the patches/theme that I've loaded?
    Not sure but I was able to upload a video to Facebook with no issue. There might be a length issue (or size depending on circumstances).

Try uploading a shorter video (30secs?) and see if that works.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I had the same problem. my video was 8sec long. anyone with a solution.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I've successfully uploaded 3 videos so far. Checked FB on the web and through the the app Palmbook and they were there. I also watched them and everything worke. I did have one problem when I installed a patch "data connection in device menu". It would give me an error message when trying to upload movies and then I was unable to use the web or anything requiring a data connection. Removed the patch and everything works now.
    I have had this happen. Sometimes works fine,sometimes what happening to you happens. Whenit did this today I went into phone app and updated prl and network settings and everything working and uploading perfect now. Really don't know if that had any bearing but just telling you what I did.
    Facebook's video encoder was down for about 48 hours (around Saturday and Sunday).

I checked the videos tab on my profile and found that my previous two videos were stuck in the encoding queue. Sunday afternoon they popped out and appeared on my profile, complete with a timestamp from two days previous.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Facebook's video encoder was down for about 48 hours (around Saturday and Sunday).

I checked the videos tab on my profile and found that my previous two videos were stuck in the encoding queue. Sunday afternoon they popped out and appeared on my profile, complete with a timestamp from two days previous.
    Hopefully this is what caused the OPs problems.
    nope, i'm having the exact same problem on pre plus. tried it with evdo and wifi and videos never showed up (four separate attempts over three days). My wife's pre plus does the same thing. any body else seeing this or found a fix?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Please remember to check the Facebook on PC, not in Facebook App on Pre, because the App does not support video. I uploaded one and it shows up fine on PC webbrowser, but still does not show in Pre App.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Having the same problem uploaded says complete but nothing shows up on Facebook on PC have tried multiple attempts throughout the day with various size videos. Running video/flashlight patch.

Thanks
    seems to be working for me now.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i've tried a video like 10 times and same thing. check mark but not on facebook
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I no longer have the UPLOAD TO FACEBOOK option when watching videos. It disappeared. Anyone know how to bring it back?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    By the way....I have the FB app installed and I am logged in.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Nevermind. Apparently I needed to re-log in or something like that.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am having the same issues with my account in Facebook and Palm Pre/Sprint.
    I have BOTH the FB current app and the Beta installed... I upload from Video app in Pre, and when I check in the app (btw, those videos from thumbnails DO show up and DO play from the new apps now by being forwarded to YouTube in recent versions) either on device OR on PC, there is NO video showing up despite the 'check mark' following full upload being indicated in the notification bar area on the Pre at end of upload.

I don't know what's up-- there are no 'pending encoding' videos showing up in my Video page on Facebook like someone mentioned here, so that doesn't seem to be the issue. It just plain doesn't seem to be getting the videos through to the darn account. They just seem to get lost in limbo. I emailed FB about it via their help links, so we'll see what (or if) I hear back, but I don't hold out much hope, since in response to my FULL and complete description of the problem initially, they emailed me back a stock 5 question FAQ telling me to be sure to login, clear my PC cache, close and reopen my PC browser, and other stupid, unrelated asinine answers like that (which really torqued me)...

I'd really like to understand what is up with this issue-- but it is at least helpful to know I'm not the only person who has experienced this thing.

Mike
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com