1.    #1  
    I checked the Palm site and the Pre only supports MPEG-4. Which is ridiculous. And I don't want to just be bashing on Palm because I know that is annoying, but they need to get some standard phone formats like 3GP and 3G2. I'm hoping this is an easy add-on and can be added soon?
    Um. MP4 is the widest standard used. DVD's are MP4, you know. There's plenty of free conversion tools that will convert just about any format to iPhone capable, which is what you need.
  3.    #3  
    I agree. I mean when people send me videos via text. I dont want to put it on my computer then back onto my phone! The Pre should support playing anything right then and there.
    really what phone supports all formats?
    most phones use 3gp.
    Core Player on WinMo. That supports everything under the sun. That, or Divx player, if all else failed.

I haven't tried getting a video through MMS, I know exactly one person that has video capability, and I haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    really what phone supports all formats?
    My old WinMo 6800/titan could play any format. That was great. I dont understand how my pre wont even play a WMV i got in an email. At least my BB Tour could play more than one format.
    WMV is Windows proprietary. I'm not aware of too many players that can use that format natively, even on a desktop.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The Pre supports .3gp files. Test it out. Take a short video and MMS it to yourself. The Sprint picturemail system transcodes the file to .3gp. They play fine on the Pre.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Um. MP4 is the widest standard used. DVD's are MP4, you know. There's plenty of free conversion tools that will convert just about any format to iPhone capable, which is what you need.
    Technically, DVD uses MPEG-2 video standards. Bluray uses MPEG-4/H264. Then there's MPEG-4 part 2, which is like xvid and such... it gets messy and confusing =)
    Would be nice see support for WMV, MPG, and AVI.

Is there any way to convert them to MP4 on the Pre without using a computer?

jim