1.    #1  
    I just noticed an application on preware/Appsopp that looks very much like spam from the picture it has. It is called 'iPad Tester' and basically, you enter your email, and other information. Just like those spam sites for the 'free sony tv!' or 'free mac osx laptop!' scam websites. I just want to know what you guys think of this. I find it very strange, and a waste of space. I know these applications are not reviewed by Palm, and haven't been accepted into the App Catalog.

Edit; I tried this application out. Apparently, from a review. The app downloader will enter their email (creating spam) and other info. The actual link of the website is a referral link to the app creator. Probably to get free items (my guess.)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I saw it too. It's kind of sad that some one would create such a spam app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knsnik View Post
    I saw it too. It's kind of sad that some one would create such a spam app.
    Yeah.. waste of valuable space, imo.
    Wondered if anyone else had noticed this. Hopefully most WebOS users are savvy enough to see this for what it is. Can't be helped if the apps are not being reviewed so will just have to be careful what we pick. We would lose out on a lot of good apps from this feed if they had to wait for the review process.