Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i was thinking palm or somebody from the homebrew area should develop an app that lets u edit a song from within the phone and turn it into a ringtone. instead of having to edit from a computer and then transferring the file over. anybody agree with this

p.s. if this has already been developed can some one tell me the name of it
    Videora Palm Pre Converter - Free Palm Pre Video Converter

Not directly ON the phone, but it'll do kinda what you want. The only folks I know of that make an app for on-phone editing and coversion is TrakAx, but they don't have a WebOS version yet. No iPhone version yet either, though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yea thanks I'm currently using audacity to edit and shorten my songs into ringtones. But yea I won't be holding my breath to much then but thnaks for the help
    MiniTones on PalmOS was great for creating mp3 ringtones.

MiniTones - Ringtones Palm OS Apps
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    If you're still syncing up with the old version of iTunes it's unbelievably easy to edit any part of a song for a 30 second ring-tone or a 2-3 second SMS/email/calendar alert.
    It's nice to able to boost the volumes there if need be as well.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpool1 View Post
    yea thanks I'm currently using audacity to edit and shorten my songs into ringtones.
    Same here. Works like a charm! But yeah, my dad's got some Samsung phone (can't remember the name) with Verizon. He's able to edit the tones from his phone. I'm rather envious of him, but it's not much of a hassle to plug it up to my pc and load tones onto it either.