Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    So when i first got my Pre i looked at the pictures it took and they were really crisp, even in some low light occasions. now, the quality has drastically gotten worse and i noticed that inside the casing of the camera there are tons of dust particles. anyone else have this problem? and if so, is there a simple fix for it? if not is it covered by sprints warranty? thanks in advance and i hope this isn't a common issue!
    Yeah, happened to me the other day, took a picture facing the sun and the photo was really cloudy. I solved this by removing the back cover and taking some camera lens cleaner and applied some to microfiber cloth that came with the cleaning kit and cleaned the lens on my Pre. Wow, night and day difference, pics are clear and crisp again.
    i tried that on mine and its not working!!!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yeah, happened to me the other day, took a picture facing the sun and the photo was really cloudy. I solved this by removing the back cover and taking some camera lens cleaner and applied some to microfiber cloth that came with the cleaning kit and cleaned the lens on my Pre. Wow, night and day difference, pics are clear and crisp again.
    when you say removed the back cover, do you mean the battery door or the actual back casing to the phone, as in wiping off the bare camera lens and not the plastic just above the lens?
    He probably meant just the battery cover. I would think if you can prove the quality is worse with dust particles under the camera lens a Sprint repair store would either clean it out or get you a replacement phone. I've noticed dust particles under my camera but as of now it's not a issue. I carry my phone in my pocket but always try to make sure it's clean. I have 3 dogs and need to get my air ducts cleaned though. lol
    I plan on eventually using a regular lens cleaner on mine when needed. With the battery cover off it should be easy.

Has anyone printed out any 4x6 picsn I'm wondering how they came out.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

this is one of the images... (dont ask i have weird roommates) seems blurry/pixelated
    yeah my case also i have dust on the inside of the lens but not to sure if their is a way to get it out with out breaking it.
    Lots of dust on mine, gna clean it in a few minutes and see how well it clears up pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post

this is one of the images... (dont ask i have weird roommates) seems blurry/pixelated
    lol that pic just made my night....

but ive been having the same problem too i noticed the videos were blurry and realized over time my picture quality was getting worse cuz it was getting dirtier
    Yeah, I had some detritus from my pocket get underneath the lens cap. No way to clean it out, so Sprint just replaced it for me.

I'd been using the sleeve that comes with the Pre since, but now it seems to have vanished. =/
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Yeah, I had some detritus from my pocket get underneath the lens cap. No way to clean it out, so Sprint just replaced it for me.

I'd been using the sleeve that comes with the Pre since, but now it seems to have vanished. =/
    what did you have to do to get it replaced?
    I have a tiny piece of pocket fuzz or something inside my camera lens on the outer edge. It isnt interfering with my picture but drives me crazy. I thought about trying to use compressed air to blow it out, but have fear the fuzz will get stuck to the camera lens and smudge the lens inside. For some reason this lens gets a lot more dust buildup in my pocket than any previous phone. Dunno why.
    how is the quality when you are taking video captures?
    Yeah mine had some noticeable dust inside the camera lens (Sep 09 Sprint Pre). Not affecting the pictures yet, but I cant get to it to clean. I hate to keep griping about hardware because I love my phone but they just keep adding up.
    OK, just decided to take my Pre apart and clean out the dust. See pic. I just used a q-tip in there and blew out the dust (there was a lot of dust in the phone!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nothing a little canned duster can't fix.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yeah im having this problem too. Ive tried cleaning it before with no luck. I think ill try again a little more carefully and if the problem still persists I think im gunna finally get mine pre replaced. Ive needed to get mine replaced for awhile now, I have what I consider to be a really bad oreo effect, the screen clicks kinda like a storm when I press the touchscreen.
    I think the screws may be loose. Try tightening them (u need a torx screwdriver) and it should help a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I think the screws may be loose. Try tightening them (u need a torx screwdriver) and it should help a bit.
    Thanks Ill have to give that a try, im not dying to replace my pre as it works perfectly otherwise.

But I think I got the lens cover cleaned pretty well, enough to the point that it doesnt bother me much. I got a q-tip and sprayed some lens cleaner on it and wiped it off with a microfiber cloth after. It worked pretty well, the outside of the lens is super clean, but I think the inside may have gotten a little bit of dust under it. Like I said, it doesnt really bother me too much, as I dont use my camera all too often.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast