Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Title says it all. Anyone else having issues with this? I've manually updated the feeds, and I don't have any feeds disabled.

Or is this pretty normal? I seem to remember getting at least a couple updates a week for apps/patches before 1.4.
    idk ,maybe, maybe not lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    *sigh* my interest in this phone is declining! The apps being released in the official catalog have been lackluster at best recently. Preware is all but dead atm, no neat patches or anything of that nature, overclocking is in hiatus due to the new kernel update. I feel like moving to Android now more than ever!!!!

Somebody do something amazing!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    *sigh* my interest in this phone is declining! The apps being released in the official catalog have been lackluster at best recently. Preware is all but dead atm, no neat patches or anything of that nature, overclocking is in hiatus due to the new kernel update. I feel like moving to Android now more than ever!!!!

This OS is well above and beyond all the other OS'es out there. If I were here for the "apps" I would have gotten an iPod. There are plenty of patches because most of the "wanted" features have already had patches released for them, which means that you can usually get most of what you want through Preware.

wow your easily swayed . so if nothing new is going on you just up and run ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'm sure the developers are all dropping the rest of the things going on in their lives just so they can keep you entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    I'm sure the developers are all dropping the rest of the things going on in their lives just so they can keep you entertained.
    .... fail post? Due to the fact that developers make money based on who buys their apps, yes they should be concerned that my interest is declining. I am just one person, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm not easily swayed, just bit let down. I explain why in one of my previous threads when the whole overclocking ordeal went down. Not to mention... if nothing new is going on why not go to a platform where there is some new coming out? Have to be honest, android app store is filled with a lot of crap BUT there are a good deal of good apps in there and it's growing at an extremely rapid rate.

In regards to patches being released and apps and things of that nature i think there are plenty of things that can be done still. An app that allows "minimizing of cards" to the notification area. Minimizes the amount of time to open new cards but keeps the home screen clutter free (what Clear Card SHOULD HAVE BEEN). The release of NaNplayer, which seems to get backed up MORE and MORE and MORE. The release of auto correction to the VKB (was there before, went away because of some OS problems). Facebook notifications in the palm app (would be perfect at this point). So on so forth. There are plenty of frontiers that haven't been met in my opinion, I'm just getting antsy because there has been so little going on. Look at the latest news and read, it's all snoozefest. Nothing interesting going on atm, only speculation about the C40 which could be nothing at all.

Btw, way to be @$$holes. I just stated I was thinking about switching and wanted somebody to do something awesome. I like this phone, why I have had it since a month after launch and gone through 2 refurbs (BUILD QUALITY SUCKS).
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Title says it all. Anyone else having issues with this? I've manually updated the feeds, and I don't have any feeds disabled.

Or is this pretty normal? I seem to remember getting at least a couple updates a week for apps/patches before 1.4.
    Things have slowed down, but they certainly haven't stopped. Many patches are still being rewritten for webOS 1.4 and a couple more will be released shortly. I installed two app updates from Preware just now, after I first read your post.

Also, keep foremost in your mind that webOS Internals doesn't get paid for any of this. They donate their time, exclusively. In fact, today, I'm making my donation to them. If you haven't already, you should consider it.
    i think you have to change the preferences of the prgram

You should got to Android so we don't have to listen to your whining and be subjected to your sense of entitlement. Why don't you download the SDK and Ares, get off your lazy ***, and create something amazing yourself?
    [QUOTE=davenukem;2290096
    In regards to patches being released and apps and things of that nature i think there are plenty of things that can be done still. An app that allows "minimizing of cards" to the notification area. Minimizes the amount of time to open new cards but keeps the home screen clutter free (what Clear Card SHOULD HAVE BEEN). The release of NaNplayer, which seems to get backed up MORE and MORE and MORE. The release of auto correction to the VKB (was there before, went away because of some OS problems). Facebook notifications in the palm app (would be perfect at this point). So on so forth. There are plenty of frontiers that haven't been met in my opinion, I'm just getting antsy because there has been so little going on. Look at the latest news and read, it's all snoozefest. Nothing interesting going on atm, only speculation about the C40 which could be nothing at all.

Btw, way to be @$$holes. I just stated I was thinking about switching and wanted somebody to do something awesome. I like this phone, why I have had it since a month after launch and gone through 2 refurbs (BUILD QUALITY SUCKS).[/QUOTE]

If you are not happy with the pace of the developers of Preware that by the way, donate their time and effort, then why don't you learn coding and make all of the improvemetns that you think are needed. BTW, classy closing paragraph.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    .... fail post? Due to the fact that developers make money based on who buys their apps, yes they should be concerned that my interest is declining. I am just one person, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Not a failed post. The folks doing stuff through Preware are doing it for free, so hopping to it too amuse you is probably not their top priority.

One of my patches was updated yesterday and I posted about it:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2288549

This was one I was waiting for because I was not hearing when my email updated.

I'm not easily swayed, just bit let down. I explain why in one of my previous threads when the whole overclocking ordeal went down. Not to mention... if nothing new is going on why not go to a platform where there is some new coming out? Have to be honest, android app store is filled with a lot of crap BUT there are a good deal of good apps in there and it's growing at an extremely rapid rate.

Btw, way to be @$$holes. I just stated I was thinking about switching and wanted somebody to do something awesome. I like this phone, why I have had it since a month after launch and gone through 2 refurbs (BUILD QUALITY SUCKS).
    How about contributing to the homebrew effort instead of complaining about other people's volunteer efforts. How many apps or patches have you developed lately?
    1.4 has brought with it a huge changelog and was released prematurely IMO. None the less it has changed the way WebOS operates to such an extent that it has affected apps and patches. The Devs are working hard to make adjustments and the guys at Webinternals do their magic on there own time and work for meer donations. So people need to be patient while adustments are being made.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation

I have updated my app and the update is not showing up in preware. Something weird is goin on.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Maybe the patches, etc you have don't have updates right now. I had three updates in the last 4 days, desteroids, nodoze, and google account search have all been updated in the last 4 days. I think you need to chill. And like has been said before, "classy closing paragraph" NOT. who do you think you are?!?

With your username, I would have thought you would be alpha testing Duke Nukem 3D on the Pre ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    select "update feeds"

I've had some times recently where there are no package updates listed, but when I updated the feeds there would be three or four that showed up.

YMMV.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Right. I don't complain too much about a slowdown, either new things are being developed, or old patches (you did see the placeholder patches, right?) are being updated. I bet the guys writing them have jobs to pay their phone bills...........

I get this on a forum I work on, when a post isn't deleted instantly. Um, sorry, I was in a meeting with my boss?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast