Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. nahurd94's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have the palm pre, and I know that there is a gps on there, and I was wondering if there was any way I could track my phone. I lost it, and I have a couple ideas as to where it could be, and I would like to know what place it is in. Thank you for your time.
  2. #2  
    I don't know about a way to track it unless you had installed a seperate GPS tracking program on it. Call the carrier if you no one here has an answer for you and have the phone shut down. That way no one can use it. Problem then is that you can't find it if there is any way. Have you tried to call it? Maybe someone will answer and you can ask for it back with or without a reward.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  3. nahurd94's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #3  
    I have tried to call it, but it was off. Thank you for your time.
  4. #4  
    Where Is My Pre?

    Should have used it next time.

    Sorry to hear you lost it though.
  5. #5  
    sorry to hear that but if its off then I don't think it can be tracked
  6. #6  
    you can try calling sprint and ask them to track it for you....
  7. #7  
    Yeah, sorry to hear that, did you have insurance?
  8. nahurd94's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #8  
    Thank you for all of your answers, but I actually just found it in my sisters car. Thank you for the suggestion for Wheres My Pre? I will definitely get it for next time. Thanks again!
  9. #9  
    Ahhh that sucks to have happened, but glad you found it!
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamyabnet View Post
    you can try calling sprint and ask them to track it for you....
    they wont. That service requires a court order, im pretty sure
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  11. #11  
    just a FYI..Sprint family Locater its like 5.00 a month but its kinda cool it will show you where your phone is. I tried it out with my family and it was cool. Pulled up street view and everything.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    they wont. That service requires a court order, im pretty sure
    Sprint won't even release copies of text messages without a court order.

    And that includes to parents who want to check up on their kids.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    just a FYI..Sprint family Locater its like 5.00 a month but its kinda cool it will show you where your phone is. I tried it out with my family and it was cool. Pulled up street view and everything.
    I got that service and it is pretty cool. Problem is, it isn't accurate enough to find a lost phone. When I track my kids I know where they are because I am familiar with the neighborhood and where their friends live. Without that, I would have to knock on 3 or 4 doors before I would find my pre and/or kids.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    I got that service and it is pretty cool. Problem is, it isn't accurate enough to find a lost phone. When I track my kids I know where they are because I am familiar with the neighborhood and where their friends live. Without that, I would have to knock on 3 or 4 doors before I would find my pre and/or kids.
    My son left his Pre in a taxi cab while in Los Angeles on a trip. I activated the trial of Sprint's Family Locator for his phone. I was able to track his phone and relay the info to him while he was on the phone with the taxi company. Based on the locations I was giving him they were able to pin point what cab I was tracking, contact that cab driver and have him deliver the phone to my son at his hotel. It was left in the cab's back seat. He got his Pre back with no problems.

    Based on this experience I would call Sprint Family Locator a success.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions