Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Worst update of all time. All of the glitches they have been correcting from the beginning are back, stalling for no reason, checkerboard that doesn't go away, slow response time, slow app loading, when I scroll before the page loads it kicks me to the top, I dislike it so much I just downgraded to 1.3.5.1, which is the best firmware to date.
    Tons of threads about this already.

I don't have any of those problems besides a little bit more checkerboard, btw.
    Only thing I hate about 1.4 is PDF reader is broken (won't zoom in and out) other than that it's a brilliant 'upgrade'
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    I couldn't agree more--totally buried the phone--could you share the downgrade procedure---need to do this asap. Thanks much !
    Oops on Palms part for not rolling in all the fixes in an update. That's sad!
    Ive had no real problems, actually loving the new video recorder.
    1.4's a wash, I think. Video Recorder's benefit is nullified by the impressive list of new bugs. Still, I'm keeping it. I'm not rolling back.
  8.    #8  
    @ kardiac- all I did was use the webOS doctor off of palms website, put me right back to 1.3.5.1, didn't lose anything as far as I can tell, needed to retype my email passwords and redownload a few of my apps, just hope they don't force the 1.4 update on us until they fix some of this stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpa View Post
    Only thing I hate about 1.4 is PDF reader is broken (won't zoom in and out) other than that it's a brilliant 'upgrade'
    WILL zoom in\out just not by pinch. Try...double-tapping. There are 3 levels, Page > 50% > 75% zoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    @ kardiac- all I did was use the webOS doctor off of palms website, put me right back to 1.3.5.1, didn't lose anything as far as I can tell, needed to retype my email passwords and redownload a few of my apps, just hope they don't force the 1.4 update on us until they fix some of this stuff.
    they will force it.I went back to 1.3.5.1 last Saturday and this morning they forced the update again.So just took the phone to the doctor again hopefully it sticks for longer than a week this time.The only bad part about the doctor is when my apps reload all my scores are reset to zero
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    they will force it.I went back to 1.3.5.1 last Saturday and this morning they forced the update again.So just took the phone to the doctor again hopefully it sticks for longer than a week this time.The only bad part about the doctor is when my apps reload all my scores are reset to zero
    Do a search. There is a way so it won't force an update. No issues for me with 1.4. Its faster and works perfectly.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    I like the update. Only negative I've noticed is that for some reason web pages are rendering slower, not sure what is causing that.
    What are the prerequisite qualifications to declare a thread on here to be "official".
    It's the unofficially official this update completely stinks thread, lol
    I don't understand all the complaining (maybe because I don't have one, though). Look at Palm/3Com/USR back then. Palm OS 1.0 on the Pilot 1000 and 5000, took until Palm OS 2.0 on the PalmPilot before it really took off and things sorted out, and that was a year. The first Pilots didn't even have a backlight.

Palm is only starting out here, it's been only over half a year.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Wow. I have been loving this update. It's been by far the best update to performance and battery yet. And I don't even care about video recording. Seriously, my phone is fast now. Like a new phone.

I don't understand all the hate. I can only conclude that some people's Pre's didn't like the update.
    Damn, palm.... Just....... damn.
    I think everyone that has problems with 1.4 needs to see the Doc and start over. I never patched mine, never even did homebrew, and as a result, my phone is perfectly fine.
    no problems with the update bad enough that i would downgrade to an earlier version i think it was a positive step forward
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Great update. It stinks of WIN.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast