Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    went to a kiosk today at Costco and noticed that the Pre was no longer on display. I enquired and they told me that they were no longer carrying the Pre as they are awaiting the Pre 2 coming soon. No doubt this would be the Pre Plus and not anything new as Canada never gets the first launch of anything.

Anyone else hear or see anything at their local Bell store or the like?
    I just bought a Pre last week @ Bell.
    Didn't look like they were pulling it, but they did tell me is sucks and has terrible WiFi and crappy keyboard.

All of which was false after playing with it at a different store (screw them, trying to push Omnia II on me and lying about the Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    I just bought a Pre last week @ Bell.
    Didn't look like they were pulling it, but they did tell me is sucks and has terrible WiFi and crappy keyboard.

All of which was false after playing with it at a different store (screw them, trying to push Omnia II on me and lying about the Pre)
    That seems to be the trend with every carrier besides Sprint. Sales reps always say everything about the Pre sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That seems to be the trend with every carrier besides Sprint. Sales reps always say everything about the Pre sucks...
    It drives me nuts.
    I researched the Pre & Omnia II heavily.
    It irks me when some sales rep spews nonsense about a product to benefit the other. It's not fair to Palm.

I came from the WinMo world and a close friend has the Omnia II. It's ok, but nothing close to what the Pre offers in terms of smoothness. I hate resistive screens now (prev Omnia I owner) and I hate WinMo in it's current state.

Though I WILL be buying a Windows Phone 7 Series phone in 2011, the Omnia II is inferior to the Pre which looks miles more polished and finger friendly to boot despite a smaller screen.

They push the Omnia II because Samsung had a deal with them during the Olympics and onwards. What an industry, lie about your products, promote inferior ones over brilliant ones.

I'm surprised they didn't mention the iPhone once.

/rant
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    +1. This is so disappointing. Those who are supposedly "knowledgeable" are, in reality, the least knowledgeable people and it is their opinion which is swaying sales!!!