1.    #1  
    I think it is absurd that Sprint / Palm will not allow the user to get rid of this NASCAR or NFL built in App. I could give a rats a** about either and I cant get this crap off my menu. Sorry Sorry. Shame on you! I know there are some hack work arounds, but that is not what I want. I want the corporate ding dongs to listen to the people and allow us to remove it. This is the USA!
    Seriously, it's that hard to: (A) Patch your phone and not see it anymore, or (B) Move it to the bottom of a launcher page and ignore it? It's really not that big a deal.

And don't even begin to try and explain why being in the USA makes you impervious to built-in applications. I don't remember it being covered in the Bill of Rights.
    +25
    Quote Originally Posted by DocOx View Post
    Seriously, it's that hard to: (A) Patch your phone and not see it anymore, or (B) Move it to the bottom of a launcher page and ignore it? It's really not that big a deal.

And don't even begin to try and explain why being in the USA makes you impervious to built-in applications. I don't remember it being covered in the Bill of Rights.
    Sprint has a contract with NASCAR, you can boycott it if you want. Specifically......

The Sprint Cup Series (often shortened to Sprint Cup or the Cup Series) is the top racing series of the NASCAR Strictly Stock Series (1949) and Grand National Series (1950-1970). While leasing its naming rights to R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, it was known as the Winston Cup Series (1971-2003). When a similar deal was made with Sprint Nextel Corporation, it became the NEXTEL Cup Series (2004-2007).[1] It is sometimes erroneously referred to as simply, NASCAR.

Now, you seriously expect the leasing company of the top, most followed, racing series in the US to not promote its sporting event?

The series holds strong roots in the Southeastern United States with half of its 36-race season in that region. However, it has grown to become one of the six most popular professional sports in the United States. The Daytona 500, its most prestigious race, had a television audience in the U.S. of about 16 million viewers in 2009.

Yeah......they're going to listen to you. They run the most well-known stock car race on the planet. You think they're not going to put a single, small application on one of their products?

Sprint friggin OWNS NASCAR. Get used to the fact they may advertise that fact just a tiny bit.
    you can just move it to the second launcher page or the last page in your stack.
    Palm V - BlackBerry 8700 - iPhone 3G - Pre Plus
    Apps I like: Backgrounds, 5000 Quotes, Dealert
  6.    #6  
    I completely understand the business arrangement, but we still should be able to take it off. I bought a Dell computer loaded with all kinds of stuff that I am sure they had business arrangements with, yet I was able to remove it if I wish. Again, I don't want to have to hack my phone to get it off nor do I want it on my menu. I already moved it down but I have a lot of stuff on it. The Icon really is not that much of a nuisance, it is just the way it was forced on us that bothers me. My point is that we should have been given the option to take it off...Thats all.
    Eh, hiding it is a better option than the multiple screaming yellow silkscreened logos they print on other phones. You could remove those, too, if you were handy with a piece of Scotch tape and a sugar cube.