1.    #1  
    I'd like to see a patch that forces roaming a little sooner than when there is no signal at all. Something that you can set to let's say 1 bar and if there is a better roaming signal, it defaults to that immediately. It should work in conjunction with the roam only patch, which I use...but I'd like a more automated solution. In my case when I roam, I roam on verizon. I could have one bar with sprint and 4 bars while roaming. I also at times have no bars and it will not flick to roaming. I guess something to adjust when the handset goes into roaming.

I would also love to see some technology where if you are on a call while driving and you move into a roam-only area because your carrier has no signal there..the call maintains and just hops the tower..sort of speak..I drive allot and get dropped calls when switching areas.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Well, that may increase your satisfaction with signal quality, but would lost likely zap your battery a heck of a lot more quickly. Constantly searching for a better signal is one of the most power intensive things you can do with a cell phone. After all, that's the purpose of the "roam only" patch - to stop wasting battery searching for a signal.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, that may increase your satisfaction with signal quality, but would lost likely zap your battery a heck of a lot more quickly. Constantly searching for a better signal is one of the most power intensive things you can do with a cell phone. After all, that's the purpose of the "roam only" patch - to stop wasting battery searching for a signal.
    Thanks Mikey, I did not realize that searching was so battery intensive. You make a great point.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.