1.    #1  
    I have been watching this forum since the new OS arrived.

Should I or should I not upgrade?

I really do not have time right now to spend the day fixing my phone after the "improvement".

What is the best route at present?

Thank you very much.

George
    Arizona
    I upgraded and my phone was acting funny. Then I doctored it to 1.4 and reinstalled the backup from the palm servers.
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Just my opinion. I did the switch and everything works just fine.

But if you want to make sure, you have two choices:

a)Download the doctor version for your phone 1.3.5.1 and doctor the phone
    Then do the upgrade OTA (over the air)

b)Do the OTA 1.4 upgrade and then doctor the phone with the 1.4 version for your phone

Doctor Versions:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

I did a lot of tinkering with the phone including adding the 800 patch and in order to make sure my OS was clean before I installed the 1.4 version I doctored my phone, I am pretty sure many issues you see on this forum is from people that installed a bunch of home-brew patches and apps and didn't doctor it before going into 1.4 (just my opinion)
    Good luck

Paulo
    Last edited by zx600; 03/07/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  4.    #4  
    Thank you very much for the responses.

Should I dump all of the patches first? I have to relearn how to do this every update.

Which doctor should i use?

I am glad to hear that some are doing well with the new OS.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    my upgrade was no problem. (lots of patches and homebrew). I'm not doubting any of the issues we see people discussing, but keep in mind that most people who have a painless experience probably won't bother to post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by geosar View Post
    Thank you very much for the responses.

Should I dump all of the patches first? I have to relearn how to do this every update.

Which doctor should i use?

I am glad to hear that some are doing well with the new OS.
    If you want to upgrade to 1.4 using the Doctor, you need to use WebOS Doctor for 1.4 for your carrier. Below is a link to all versions:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

FWIW, I updated to 1.4 without a problem. I was able to update my patches after the update -- no problems.
  7.    #7  
    Got it.
    Honestly I would recommend waiting for 1.4.1 and just do a straight update from 1.3.5.1.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    1.4 is much improved imo, and I had no problems doing the upgrade. Both my parents upgraded fine too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    if you don't have the update daemon disabled, its gonna update on its own shortly. I would make the decision and moves necessary for the update, even if you want to wait for a .0.0.1 update to address some bugs. Either way without disabling the daemon, I'd bet you have 1.4 by 1st week in April!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.