Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hi,

Did several searches before my post, and found the link to 'Cause of Pre Battery Drain And Workaround.'

But I'm still uncertain.

Went to bed with nearly full battery, woke up this more totally dead. On TS now with red battery icon.

Have had Pre for 3 weeks, never happened. Only change was that I installed TweeFree last night, used it, closed out before bed. Nothing was open or running. Email set to check every 90 mins.

Can you shed some light on what's going on?

Did TweeFree fry the battery orvernight, even if closed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by flash4o; 03/07/2010 at 09:20 AM.
    I did not put my phone on touch stone correctly one night, and that's what happened. Most likely that's what it may have been.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    It was off TS all night. Had full battery, stayed on table.
    o sorry,,lol just woke up,,thought it was on ts all night,,my bad.
    It has happened twice to me in the last week. I use Battery Saver, the phone goes into airplane mode at 10 PM and wakes up at 5 AM. The phone is dead at 5 AM I plug into the ac and the clock says 3 AM. Get enough juice to make it to work and then plug it in.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    It has happened twice to me in the last week. I use Battery Saver, the phone goes into airplane mode at 10 PM and wakes up at 5 AM. The phone is dead at 5 AM I plug into the ac and the clock says 3 AM. Get enough juice to make it to work and then plug it in.
    Good advice, but doesnt get to root problem.

I wonder if TweeFree did something. And it wasnt blink notifications, b\c theyve been fine all week.
    I once had this happen when plugged into the wall charger all night. I never was able to re-create the issue, so I'm not sure what causes it.
    I've had twee free in the past with 1.3.1 and it had major memory leaks. I use it now because tweed pulled their free app. It's possible it still does it. When tweed goes to 99 I'll be getting that.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I've had twee free in the past with 1.3.1 and it had major memory leaks. I use it now because tweed pulled their free app. It's possible it still does it. When tweed goes to 99 I'll be getting that.
    Since this is the only thing that's changed on my Pre, it must be the likely problem. I'll charge, do a reset and watch today see how it goes.

Too bad if it's Twee, b\c it's a great app.

Thanks.
    It happened to me last night, just after a webosdoctor wipe. Turns out I had the messaging program online.
    Maybe twee in fact left something running in the background.

Try rebooting your Pre just before sleeping, and another day run Twee before sleeping to isolate the problem, if it's Twee, you should report this to the developers
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by DocOx View Post
    I once had this happen when plugged into the wall charger all night. I never was able to re-create the issue, so I'm not sure what causes it.
    I had the same problem this morning. I left my Pre on the wall charger all night and this morning the battery was down to 5% and would not take a charge. I tried by wife's Pre charger and it would not charge my Pre either. I took the Pre out to my car and plugged it in the auto charger. Strangely, my Pre immediately began charging. I then took the Pre back into the house and plugged it into the wall charger and now it worked also.

Wierd.