Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I stumbled across this post from a long time PreCentral forum member;

http://discussion.treocentral.com/gs...os-device.html

He mentioned Palm "ELAN". No such codename has been heard of for a Palm device yet, which prompted me to research more, Googling Palm ELAN to no avail, so i tried "Palm Elan".

Second page, listing for Palm Elan accessories (did a company jump the gun?). Looked, no such product found, great.

Tried the cached version, Bingo!

Look at the screenshots;

http://i49.tinypic.com/3444568.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2ljjpyv.jpg

Cached page; Body Glove PRO Horizontal Case for Palm Elan

Another; http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...client=firefox

Hey, it makes sense, ELAN was suing Apple over some Multitouch. Talk about a big Eff you! :P

I realize all this is hardly anything to go on, but hey, it makes sense?

P.S. Already sent to P|C News Tip just incase . But then again, i could just be blowing smoke.
    Last edited by Adam Carr; 03/07/2010 at 06:09 AM.
  2.    #2  
    "Whether Elan is being shadow controlled by Palm, or whether Palm execs are currently sending cases of thank-you champagne on the next container ship back to Taiwan, has yet to be verified" -.-

Source
    Hooray, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors, rumors aaaand: rumors.
    Last edited by damnregister; 03/07/2010 at 06:03 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Rumours are great for the mind . But one things for sure, a 3rd Palm Device is coming
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    That case is compatible with the iPhone. It must have a large screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    That case is compatible with the iPhone. It must have a large screen.
    Coincides with what TopTongueBarry said about having a 'soft keyboard'

This could infact be a Software keyboard and indeed a large iPhone like slab/shape.

More from TTB;

"Work for the big A, not for mobility, am in IT support. (He means ATT)

Now that you have the source, I doubt it buys you very much. I clearly define what's speculative and what's not.

Not speculative:
    - New device referred to as "ELAN" to undergo internal certification testing.
    - Internal certification testing of the Pre + and Pixi + devices completed.
    - Monday May 10th date (These things are always subject to change based on multiple variables, but at this point in time, that's the projected date)

Speculative (second hand info from associates):
    - ELAN Soft Keyboard,
    - ELAN European release
    - ELAN unlocked possibility
    - Verizon 90 day exclusivity on Pre + and Pixi +
    - Possibility of a Monday April 26th release date for Pre + and Pixi + on AT&T

Hope I didn't leave anything out!"
    I'm eager for a new WebOS device but I hope this isn't a sign it's an exclusive. If it's an exclusive for AT&T then Palm has an even bigger struggle ahead of them then we all realize. To put it simply you can't compete with the iphone on it's home turf, Steve Jobs wouldn't have it. Unless of course the iphone hits one of the other big 4 at roughly the same time, then my argument is moot but I don't see it happening. Sprints not as big as Verizon or AT&T but I gotta admit I'll feel a lil left out if we get passed up for another "upgrade" perhaps there's a Wiimax variant of the Elan for Sprint as other rumors have indicated...
    The ELAN that sues Apple regarding multi-touch patents is Elantech, a Taiwanese company that makes notebook touchpads used such as on Asus EEE series among others. No relations to Palm.
    strong work shadow
    Rumours are rumours, but for one person who has been waiting on the $*^%ing GSM version for so long, anything would help.

And once again, Palm, hurry the hell up. Don't make me buy an Android...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I noticed yesterday that Palm had seemingly made a start on improving autocorrection in WebOS 1.4 by allowing the keyboard to correct misspellings including commas.

This could back up the rumours of the new device having a soft keyboard...

See my post for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/general...nctuation.html
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I noticed yesterday that Palm had seemingly made a start on improving autocorrection in WebOS 1.4 by allowing the keyboard to correct misspellings including commas.

This could back up the rumours of the new device having a soft keyboard...
    Hmmm that could very well be the case. Good discovery
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    The ELAN that sues Apple regarding multi-touch patents is Elantech, a Taiwanese company that makes notebook touchpads used such as on Asus EEE series among others. No relations to Palm.
    You're right. However it makes sense to have the companies name who sued Apple over multitouch as the codename for your 3rd webOS Device which will *Hopefully* trump on Apple's iPhone
    nothing can trump iphones brand and market power; regardless of what a device can do.

If palms new phone doesn't launch on sprint I will likely be ditching palm for windows series 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    nothing can trump iphones brand and market power; regardless of what a device can do.
    right now, no. but what in 2 years?
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    right now, no. but what in 2 years?
    Forget trumping the iPhone in 2 years. I just hope that Palm is still around in 2 years.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Rumours are rumours, but for one person who has been waiting on the $*^%ing GSM version for so long, anything would help.

And once again, Palm, hurry the hell up. Don't make me buy an Android...
    Toni,
    Be serious, you and I have waited this long, we're not about to give up and buy one of those droids. Besides, May 10th (or April 26th ???) is right around the corner.

Thanks to WiFi, I'm surviving with my EDGE data Movistar Pre on AT&T!

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    .....it makes sense to have the companies name who sued Apple over multitouch as the codename for your 3rd webOS Device .......
    I believe that's the root of all of this ......

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    If palms new phone doesn't launch on sprint I will likely be ditching palm for windows series 7.
    +1

plus... thats AT&T, what about Sprint? Wheres our webOS device?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Also Elan is a name of the company producing WiMAX hardware:
    elandigitalsystems.com/wimax/index.php
    Also, Elan means tree in Hebrew. Palm Trees anyone?

Isn't Rubinstein Jewish? His name sure is.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast